User Dynamic Parameters are "gone" since installing PlaySQL 1.4.1

Any reason why I can no longer display the User Dynamic Parameters on the Pages? This was working in Version 1.3 but are "gone" since installing PlaySQL 1.4.1.

The existing Queries still work including those parameters - however I suspect that these are using the "depreciated macro" and won't keep on functioning this way for long.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Peter,

Loading the user parameters makes extra complexity for the macro. I hoped the new Query macro, where users change user parameters in the page editor, would be satisfying enough, and you say it isn't.

So I'll bring the feature back into the new macro in the next version. It shouldn't be long.

Update 14/11/2014: Play SQL Spreadsheets 2.8 is out. It includes the possibility to display user parameters above the queries:

User Parameters Editor.png

User Parameters View.png

Best regards,

Adrien

Thank you Adrien. (I've dropped back to ver 1.3 until it's ready, but from what I saw of the new version other than the parameters it looks awesome!)

Update 30 september 2013:

I'm sorry to come back on my decision but:

• Displaying a form in a page view brings a whole lot of questions: How should it be exported to PDF? What should be the layout of the form? Should we be able to submit the form more than once and update the results in live?
  • There are more needs: Can the graph be updated with the new parameters too?
  • There's the Run plugin. It seems to answer your need in a professional manner and you can use it for other purposes.

Programming this feature would disrupt me too much from my current work, and you have a suitable workaround using that plugin with a very affordable price. In the worst case, you can stay on Play SQL 1.3.3. As sad as it is to say no to a enthusiastic user like you, I believe it's the best choice today.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

173 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you