User Dynamic Parameters are "gone" since installing PlaySQL 1.4.1

Peter Rohner September 26, 2013

Any reason why I can no longer display the User Dynamic Parameters on the Pages? This was working in Version 1.3 but are "gone" since installing PlaySQL 1.4.1.

The existing Queries still work including those parameters - however I suspect that these are using the "depreciated macro" and won't keep on functioning this way for long.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 3 September 26, 2013

Hi Peter,

Loading the user parameters makes extra complexity for the macro. I hoped the new Query macro, where users change user parameters in the page editor, would be satisfying enough, and you say it isn't.

So I'll bring the feature back into the new macro in the next version. It shouldn't be long.

Update 14/11/2014: Play SQL Spreadsheets 2.8 is out. It includes the possibility to display user parameters above the queries:

User Parameters Editor.png

User Parameters View.png

Best regards,

Adrien

Peter Rohner September 27, 2013

Thank you Adrien. (I've dropped back to ver 1.3 until it's ready, but from what I saw of the new version other than the parameters it looks awesome!)

Adrien Ragot 3 September 29, 2013

Update 30 september 2013:

I'm sorry to come back on my decision but:

• Displaying a form in a page view brings a whole lot of questions: How should it be exported to PDF? What should be the layout of the form? Should we be able to submit the form more than once and update the results in live?
  • There are more needs: Can the graph be updated with the new parameters too?
  • There's the Run plugin. It seems to answer your need in a professional manner and you can use it for other purposes.

Programming this feature would disrupt me too much from my current work, and you have a suitable workaround using that plugin with a very affordable price. In the worst case, you can stay on Play SQL 1.3.3. As sad as it is to say no to a enthusiastic user like you, I believe it's the best choice today.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events