I am new to using JIRA (Download), I don't know why but the UseTFS just suddenly stopped scanning.
0. Both JIRA and TFS are individually working fine. The sync was working fine for 2 days, both direction sync TFS <-> JIRA.
1. Whenever I created an new issue in JIRA, then when I opened the WorkSynchronizer logs, the line "JIRA issues awaiting in queue since last synchronization" is showing a non-zero number 1/2/3/etc. Then after one minute, it dropped to "0" and nothing - no log, no error, just nothing - "No log entries".
2. the com.pigsty.jira.plugins.usetfs.revision.RevisionIndexer:job is set to 1 (I have never touched that).
3. "Connection Status" is Active.
4. I already tried disable then enable UseTFS, no luck
5. I already tried uninstall and then install again, no luck
6. The "Last scanned time" never updated anymore, and it has been "Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 EST 1969" since I reinstalled.
7. I am using the sample synchronizer.xml
8. I already tried to re-add the TFS repository.
Since there is no log I don't even know how to troubleshoot it.
Yes I have tried restarting the JIRA but still no luck. Actually, I already tried rebooting both the JIRA machine and the TFS machine.
I followed the "HACK" instruction on your link and here is the the log file (C:\usetfs-jira.log):
I created an JIRA issue at around 2013-01-31 10:28, then I started to see some exceptions in the log files.
To help you to help me, here is some extra info...:
1. I have been working on making my own synchronizer.xml - the JIRA sync was fine, also the JIRA logs was fine and recording errors, until then suddenly it just stopped creating log.
2. I have added custom fields (text field and drop down) into JIRA issue, again, the custom fields were once working and syncing fine.
3. I updated the UseTFS client to 2.4.1 (by running the wyUpdate.exe, it is showing "the latest already installed)
4. The UseTFS client is showing that the Reponsitory UUID is something like '0b911aa0-186d-4d1f-****-*************'
5. I tried to reindex changeset AFTER the scanning has stopped.
6. The system only have 2 users now.
7. UseTFS is the only plugin so far (except for any default plugins)
8. I have tried using certain different login/password under the JIRA->TFS responsitory AFTER the scanning has stopped. I also intended a wrong crendital then the JIRA did returned connection error.
UseTFS indexing doesn't have anything to do with JIRA indexes so re-indexing won't help.
Can you try with this unreleased version http://www.pigsty.com.pl/downloads/usetfs-2.4.2.jar - we susspect a bug in TFS SDK. Let me know if that works for your.
To update you a bit:
1. I installed the 2.4.2 into JIRA and the logs started coming back, thx!
2. I did not change any other configurations other than installing the 2.4.2
3. I did NOT update the UseTFS client.
4. I rolled back the synchronizer.xml to my custom one I have before, it is still working fine, the TFS and JIRA are now syncing in both direction, thx!
Now, I think the question is, should I use this unreleased version? Or I should wait until it is offically released? When will be the offical release date of 2.4.2 by the way?
Great to know that you're up and running with UseTFS. No need to update UseTFS client it's compatible (besides 2.4.2 is an "ad-hoc" package and contains 2.4.0 client) not much changed between 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 since 2.4.1 was hot fix release. Stay with the unofficial one until we release 2.4.3 or higher (2.4.2 will be skipped as some customers including you got it, and then you would not be notified about upgrade possibilit if 2.4.2 with other changes appeared on marketplace).
I'm not sure when we'll release next one, could be next week, probably within max of 1 month (we need to trace down the issue in TFS SDK, for now we only have a workaround). Anyway the unofficiall one you got is 100% and fully functional.
Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs