UseTFS stopped syncing

Mike Lau December 10, 2013

Hi,

The whole trouble started when I tried to update an existing synchronizer in UseTFS Client->Admin->Repositories Configuration. In there, I selected from the synchronizer drop down (I only had 1 synchronizer btw), updated a field, then I clicked "Save in JIRA", then when I checked again, I found the Synchronizer drop down now become empty.

Then the whole UseTFS stopped syncing. So I think hmmm maybe the new field is wrong? So I tried to use the "LoadXML" and restore some of my previous backup - I tried all 5 of them - still no luck, the "synchronizer" drop down in the UseTFS client is now always showing empty.

I also tried the sample synchronizer.xml, still no luck.

The WorkSynchronizer Logs inside the JIRA have never updated since then. JIRA issues awaiting in queue since last synchronization is now always showing 0.

About the version:

The UseTFS client showing "UseTFS version 2.8.0"

The UseTFS inside the JIRA showing version 2.4.2; connection status is "Active", license status is also Valid.

I already tried to upgrade to v2.9.1, but then my current license key won't work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the v2.4.2.

I already tried this tip: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/128835/required-tfs-fields?page=1#comment-130974but I think this doesn't matter if I cannot add a "synchronizer" at all...

What should I do now??

Mike

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

Hi Mike,

I think you might have got into a problem with the plugin itself inside JIRA. I recommend that you do the following:

• install latest version of UseTFS in JIRA
  • get a trial code at http://ssl.pigsty.com.pl/buy/registerTrial.php(just to be up and running ASAP)
  • you can try to see if it works, at this stage but my guess is that restart of JIRA service may be required

Contact me via e-mail andrzej.pasterczyk (a t) pigsty.com.pl to let me know if you got it working and regarding your license issue.

Mike Lau December 11, 2013

Thx for the quick response.

I upgraded the UseTFS to 2.9.1, and then I also got a trail key from the link you provided.

However, after I updated the key under the "plugin license administration" page, I am now getting the following error:

Exceeded maximum number of licensed users. Please upgrade to higher tier.

Maximum Number of Users: 0
Maintenance Expiration date: $taManager.maintenanceExpires You're not entitled to use this version as it was updated after your maintenance period has expired! All features will be disabled.

I will email you more details.

Mike

0 votes
Mike Lau December 10, 2013

More info: JIRA version is (v5.2.4), "Download".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events