Use relationship between issues to automatically define structure in structure plugin

JuttaS September 2, 2014

Does anybody know if it is possible to define a structure or template in the structure plugin in the way that an issue will be AUTOMATICALLY displayed as parent issue and all other issues linked to this parent issue by the relationship 'implements' are displayed as sub-issue. I mean I do not want to manually assign the sub-issues to the parent issue as we are working alway like this: one (parent) issue is implemented by one or more (sub-)issues from another T&R project. Is it possible to define a structure to automatically display this dependency? Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2014

Yes, see the links synchronizer.

JuttaS September 3, 2014

Thank you very much for the quick answer. This is exactly what I was looking for!

Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

Jutta, just make sure you read and understand the description of all the synchronizer's options. Links sync done wrong may delete your links. You can use "Links Primacy" option to have links always win over structure.

JuttaS October 7, 2014

Igor, thank you for the warning and your tip. I have already noticed that this is quite a powerful tool and that you have to be very careful with what you are doing.

Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

On that note, it's well worth applying synchronizer permissions to keep inexperienced users out of trouble - https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Changing+Permission+to+Manage+Synchronizers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events