Use external URL in Dynamic Image Map?

Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

I have a Space home page utilizing the Dynamic Image Map. I would like one of the hotspots to link to the corresponding JIRA Service Desk for users to submit support tickets.

However it looks like I can only link to other pages inside confluence. Is there a way around this? I also have the Wiki Source editor if I can make these changes via wiki markup.

We are using:

Zen Foundation 5.2.12

Confluence 5.4.3

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Hi Amy,

Unfortunately, Zen only supports page references in that macro, and hacking the macro parameters with the source editor won't help (Zen will still try to look for a matching page in Confluence, and will likely cause the macro to fail).

A possible workaround would be to add some javascript to the page (either through a user macro or your custom Zen brand) that could find the <area> element and replace the href attribute with your external URL. Using jQuery, you could narrow down the <area> by title, for example. This is admittedly gross, but should accomplish what you need.

Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2014

Thanks for the reply. One does not become a great admin without learning some gross tricks over time! I will try it out and see how it goes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events