Use Smart Fields in Create Issue Action

Nick June 26, 2017

I created a new sub-task on an issue based on certain criteria within my workflow, but I realized that now I have multiple sub-task within my "open issues" filter that all share the same name. So I would like to make these dynamic names so that they can reference their parent's key. I've tried multiple attempts but so far no luck.

• Issue Title - {{issue.parent.key}}
  • Issue Title - {{fields.parent.key}}
  • Issue Title - {{parent.key}}
  • etc.

I also attempted this using the advance json section but I believe since it is a required field that there is no way to override the value in that section. 

I would appreciate any help or advance getting this workflow setup properly, thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2017

Hi Nicholas,

This should be possible. Are you able to attach a screenshot of your rule chain?

If you don't feel like displaying it publically feel free to contact us at support.

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Cheers,

Scott

Nick June 27, 2017

Is this what you're looking for?2017-06-27_12-42-59.png2017-06-27_12-44-32.png

Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2017

Yes, so with that rule you could use

Link PVD for {{issue.key}} 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events