Use JEditor for body field

Angelo Dalli August 22, 2013

Hi,

I'm testing JETI at the moment and find it very good. The issue is that I'd like to have Jeditor as the renderer for the Body field. Can this be done?

thanks.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 22, 2013

Hi Carl,

I'm afraid it is not possible in a generic way. However, you can use JIRA's wiki markup to format your body content.

Tibor

aarnetadmin September 2, 2013

Wooops, just sent off an email regarding this.

Chaining handlers would be great, as using JEditor for (needed) RTF handling precludes the use of JETI, and makes for a difficult choice. Our use case need *both* RTF email handling and JETI features.

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2014

Support for JEditor has just been released in version 5.3.3

See documentation for details

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
November 21, 2013

I have scheduled this feature. Please follow the corresponding issue.

0 votes
Ondracek Nikolaus November 21, 2013

Hi Tibor, this would absolutely improve JETI ! Go for it !

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
September 2, 2013

Hi Rob, I have received your email but wanted to answer you here.

To put it short, handler chaining is not possible out-of-the-box due to several reasons.

Neither plugins are prepared for that and classes of a plugin cannot be used in other plugins automatically but only via exported OSGi bundles.

Tibor

Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Hi Tibor,

JEditor has public javascript api.

For example to convert a textarea to JEditor rendered field you need the following code:

var myTextArea = AJS.$('#my_textarea_id');

JEDITOR.replace(myTextArea, {toolbar : 'JFull'});

Please feel free to contact us if you need any help with integration.

Thanks,

Alex

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
January 16, 2014

Hi Alex,

We have started to integrate JEditor and sent our questions to your mail address.

Regards,

Tibor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events