Upload add-on button missing JIRA 7.4

LOCQUET September 28, 2017

Hi,

As the title says, We are looking at the Manage Add-ons page, and do not see an "Upload add-on" link as is described in the install instructions for several plugins we need to install this way.

We installed the new version of JIRA 7.4 on a new plateform and then we import an extract xml from our current production platform (6.3.9).

The add-on button was here after the first connection to the new plateform 7.4.

I have system admin privileges.

Thanks you for helping

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2017

Hi Locquet,

I have not personally seen this behavior, however, this has been discussed in a couple threads and here are some things to check:

• If you bypass the proxy do you get the same behavior?
  • Verify all the modules for the UPM are enabled.

The first thing I would do is verify everything is up to date including the UPM and if not update your add-ons.

I have seen posts where the issue was due to administrative privileges not being correct.  You can verify you have the correct administrative permissions by running the first three queries under Scenario A: I don't know which user has the JIRA Administrators or JIRA System Administrators global permission in the knowledge base article Retrieving the JIRA Administrator

You'll need to make sure you have the JIRA System Administrators permission:

People who have the JIRA Administrators permission (and not the JIRA System Administrators permission) cannot do the following:

Upload and/or install an Add-on.

Once you verify the UPM is up to date and you have the correct permissions I would refer to the Communities post Upload add-on button missing (JIRA/Confluence) for more information and things to research.

If that still doesn't help, restart JIRA and take a look in your logs to see if anything stands out to you regarding the UPM or it's initialization.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events