Upload add-on Missing link (downloaded/installed instance)

As the title says, I am looking at the Manage Add-ons page, and do not see an "Upload add-on" link as is described in the install instructions for several plugins I need to install this way.

I have system admin privileges, and can do everything else I've ever needed to do. I do not have physical access to the box, nor do I have any permissions on the server itself.

I have done a half-hour of documentation combing, web searching, and Atlassian forum searching, but have found nothing applicable. There are several threads here about the onDemand service and how to solve it there. However, that appears to be irrelevant to the downloaded version.

Is there some magic setting in JIRA (downloaded, not onDemand) that makes this link show up?

edit: a little more info — it appears that this server cannot make a valid connection to Atlassian Marketplace at the moment. This might be the reason why "upload add-on" is not showing?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Sean,
I know that java parameter:

--jvmargs -Datlassian.upm.on.demand=true

hides the "upload addon"  and this param is used on the "on demand" instances. Is it possible that somehow somebody set it for your standalone JIRA?

Interesting. Thanks Volodymyr! I'll get in touch with the instance admin and see if this is the case.

where is that file location? plz share with us.

This widget could not be displayed.
Daniel Wester Community Champion Jan 31, 2015

If the instance can't make outbound calls - download the jar locally to your machine and then upload it through the ui.

Thanks Daniel. I would love to upload via the UI. The problem is there seems to be no way to do it -- I have no "Upload add-on" link on the management screen. Is there some other way besides the Manage add-on's screen to upload add-ons via the UI?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

459 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you