Upload add-on Missing link (downloaded/installed instance)

Sean M January 30, 2015

As the title says, I am looking at the Manage Add-ons page, and do not see an "Upload add-on" link as is described in the install instructions for several plugins I need to install this way.

I have system admin privileges, and can do everything else I've ever needed to do. I do not have physical access to the box, nor do I have any permissions on the server itself.

I have done a half-hour of documentation combing, web searching, and Atlassian forum searching, but have found nothing applicable. There are several threads here about the onDemand service and how to solve it there. However, that appears to be irrelevant to the downloaded version.

Is there some magic setting in JIRA (downloaded, not onDemand) that makes this link show up?

edit: a little more info — it appears that this server cannot make a valid connection to Atlassian Marketplace at the moment. This might be the reason why "upload add-on" is not showing?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2015

If the instance can't make outbound calls - download the jar locally to your machine and then upload it through the ui.

Sean M February 2, 2015

Thanks Daniel. I would love to upload via the UI. The problem is there seems to be no way to do it -- I have no "Upload add-on" link on the management screen. Is there some other way besides the Manage add-on's screen to upload add-ons via the UI?

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2015

Hi Sean,
I know that java parameter:

--jvmargs -Datlassian.upm.on.demand=true

hides the "upload addon"  and this param is used on the "on demand" instances. Is it possible that somehow somebody set it for your standalone JIRA?

Sean M February 2, 2015

Interesting. Thanks Volodymyr! I'll get in touch with the instance admin and see if this is the case.

Prashant Mali June 9, 2016

where is that file location? plz share with us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events