Upgrading from Database Custom Field Add-On to Power Custom Fields PRO

Martha Fiske January 10, 2018

When I upgrade from Jira 7.3.3 to Jira 7.6.2 Database Custom Field Add-On is no longer supported so we bought and installed Power Custom Fields PRO.

Did not see a way to update the existing Database Custom Field.  Do I have to create a new custom field?  If so how do I get the data for existing issues with the value from the old Database Custom field?

2 answers

1 vote
Cprime Apps January 10, 2018

Hi Martha,

Please check that you have installed the correct app.

Database Custom Field (old name) became Power Database Fields PRO but you also mention Power Custom Fields PRO which is a different app we offer. If you have any further questions, please create a support ticket, and our dev team will help you out.

Regards,
Products Team

Martha Fiske January 10, 2018

Thank you for your response.  If I don't need all the functionality of the Power Database Fields PRO, is there any way to copy the data from the old Database Custom Field to a new Power Custom Fields PRO?

Cprime Apps January 11, 2018

Hi Martha,

After the upgrade all database custom fields should function as before regardless of whether you have installed the paid version (Power Database Fields PRO) or have one of the previous, non-licensed versions (Power Database Fields). You don't need to copy anything.

You can browse the app versions and install the one that's compatible with your Jira. If for some reason any field doesn't function as expected, please let our support know.

I have to mention though that Power Database Fields PRO and Power Custom Fields PRO are two separate plugins and not two branded versions of one plugin, and you mention both in your comment.

Regards,
Products Team

Martha Fiske January 11, 2018

Thank you for the reply.  I used the two different plugin names intentionally.  I accidentally purchased the Power Custom Fields PRO, and then realized that there were 2 different plugins.  thus my question of how to copy data from the  old Database Custom Field to a new Power Custom Fields PRO.  In the meantime I am also trying to contact Customer support to see if we can pay the difference between Power Custom fields PRO and Power Database Fields PRO to switch products.

Walid Djama January 4, 2021

Hi @Martha Fiske , 

i'm facing the same issue, how did you resolve this problem ?

Thank you.

Regards, 

Walid

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

No actions are required on your part, the fields should work as before.

Have fun.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events