Upgrading JEMH from JIRA 4.2.3 to JIRA 5.1.6

Pangianto Pang October 21, 2012

Hi All,

I have a few questions regarding upgrading JIRA 4.2.3 to 5.1.6.

Basically i have no worry of the JIRA data (database and attachments), what i am worrying are those configuration that is to the JIRA itself; JEMH.

Firstly, i want to ask does JEMH require a license?

Secondly, how easy it is setup JEMH in latest JIRA instance with old JIRA configuration?

Anyone can provide me link of configure the JEMH for upgrading JIRA, i would appreciate that.

Thanks!!

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012

#1, to make use of the UI interface, through which all new features developed over the last year now need, a license is required. A limited functionality mode is still possible that is driven by a configuraiton file. The functionality in that mode is not equivalent to JIRA 4.x but is designed to exceed that of the default mail handlers.

#2, Compared to the quite primitive 4.4.x compatible version, for JIRA 5, there has been over a years worth of development, and large numbers of new features, yet, the core concepts remain. Without knowing more of what your configuration does now, its hard to suggest how much effort is required. You can be up and running with incoming email in 2 minutes.

#3 There is no upgrade path, earlier versions are not compatible with JIRA5 and should be dropped. Any related configuration changes to popservice.xml etc also need to be dropped. To install the new JEMH, just search for it in the UPM and install. An eval license for full UI features is available through the plugin JEMH Configuration link after installation.

Migration of configuration will have to be done with eyes open. Probably, easier to print it out, understand what was tryingt to be done line by line and trace it. As yet, nobody has indicated this to be a challenge, the new UI makes it so much easier.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events