Updating parent issue with stash trigger on subtask

Hi,

I have the JIRA Misc workflow extensions plugin installed and it is working well for manual transactions and updating the parent issue. 

The same transaction can also be triggered by a stash trigger, e.g. creating a branch sets the sub task to In progress but it doesn't cause an update to the parent issue.

It is doing all the other post standard functions but not the update parent transaction from this plugin.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or intended behaviour?

Thx

3 answers

I see no reason why it shouldn't work, unless of course there are permission issues. You should check that the user that is used to trigger the subtask transition from Stash has the right to transition the parent issue.

Thx

It is a permission issue.  -> The anonymous user does not have permission to perform action on given issue.

But the user isn't anonymous for the sub task and able to transition that one without a problem.

He becomes anonymous for the parent task

And what is the user that is used to transition the subtask?

It looks like the current user is not set properly during the transition - com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowFunctionUtils#getCallerUser returns null. You should open a support request with Atlassian and ask them to invite Innovalog to the issue.

David

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

134 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you