Updating Status Does not Update/Reflect on Dashboard Filter

J September 9, 2012

Hi

When I update an issue status with the workflow Toolbox workflow post funtion the status update correctly but the dashboard filter (making use of the filter component) does not update and status of filtered items still reflect the old status. Even if I run a filter it still shows the old status.

It is if though the db is not refreshed properly.

How do i resolve this problem?

We run on Jira 5.0.3 and latest version of plugin 2.0.11

6 answers

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2012

Hi Johan,

I have just released version 2.0.15 of JIRA Workflow Toolbox. This version fixes the problem you reported.

Regards,

Fidel.

Jonathan Ben Ami January 20, 2021

8 years later: this issue is still occurring on JIRA cloud

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

Hi Johan,

I have tried to reproduce your problem with JIRA 5.0.7 and with JIRA 5.1.2 and Jira Workflow Toolbox haven't been able.

Nevertheless, with recently released JIRA 5.2 the problem is there. Can you please tell me which version of JIRA are you using?

I had prepared a new version of the plugin with improved issue indexing that fixes the problem. You can download it from here: JIRA Workflow Toolbox 2.0.15_beta_3

You can use this version with confidence in production environment.

Regards,

Fidel.

0 votes
J November 14, 2012

Hi Fidel,

This issue was resolved but is now back again with the latest update of the plug in.

Plugin version: 2.0.14

Jira version: v5.1.5#784-sha1:6c72993

Can you please resolve or make suggestion?

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

Hi Johan,

This problem doesn't occur in JIRA 5.1 and higher versions. I will try to release a new version of the plugin that doesn't experiment this problem in earlier versions of JIRA. Anyway, my recommendation is to update your JIRA.

Best regards,

Fidel.

J September 18, 2012

Thanks Fidel, will look into that.

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

Usually the issue gets reindexed as the second last step in the post functions, but as you can manually sort the steps you have maybe moved the plugin action after the reindex action.

Could you check if that is the case?

J September 9, 2012

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the response, the update linked issue post function is the first post funtion that runs with the reindex of the issue the second last one. But the problem is not with the current issue but with the linked issue(s) that are being updated with the post funtion. The reindex might only be updating the current issue and not the linked issue(s) that are updated.

It is if though a call is required to reindex the linked issue that are being updated.

Below is the post function configuration: (i fave deleted the detail to fit the comment field)

The following parsed text will be copied to Ephemeral string 1:
Action Required
Edit | Move Down | Delete
— THEN
Value of field Ephemeral string 1 in current issue will be copied to field Issue status in linked issues filtering by:
— THEN
The value of the field Reassign Count will be increased by 1 unit.
Edit | Move Up | Move Down | Delete
— THEN
Value of field Reassign Count in current issue will be copied to field Reassign Count in linked issues filtering by:
— THEN
Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
— THEN
Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.
— THEN
Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.
— THEN
Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
— THEN
Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners.
Edit

0 votes
J September 9, 2012

Some additional information, when i reindex jira the status reflects correctly on the dashboard filter and system filters. The problem is therefore related how do I fire a reindex of the linked issue that was updated via the post function?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events