Update on 2 issues?

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Any update on the two questions from https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/153666/zephyr-attachments-to-jira-test-do-not-display-in-execution-of-test-cycle-issues-entered-in-step-do-not-display-in-test?

I created a JIRA issue type Test. I planned a Test Cycle. I opened the test cycle and clicked on E to execute the test. I have 2 Questions.

1) The attachments to the Test did not show up on the Execute of the test. So, after I clicked E to execute the test that page did not show me the attachments already attached to the test. I need the attachments in order to execute the test steps. Should the attachments be displaying?

2) When executing a test, if I add JIRA defects to the top most portion of the page (Test Execution) at the Test level then they will display in the main Test isssue under the Test Executions sections under the Defects header. If I add defects found when executing a test to just one of the steps in the test at the step level, those do not display back in the Test under the Test Executions section. Why?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Hi JS,

1) The attachments to the Test did not show up on the Execute of the test. So, after I clicked E to execute the test that page did not show me the attachments already attached to the test. I need the attachments in order to execute the test steps. Should the attachments be displaying?

Zephyr - Currently in Zephyr for JIRA there is not a way to see the attachments of the Test case in the Execution. You can only see anything attached to the execution at the execution level. For this scenario we suggest attaching all attachments needed to be seein during execution to the actual exectuion. Not just the test case itself.

Our Product Management team has been made aware of this feature request. They will review the same for consideration. We appreciate your valuable feedback in making Zephyr for JIRA better.

2) When executing a test, if I add JIRA defects to the top most portion of the page (Test Execution) at the Test level then they will display in the main Test isssue under the Test Executions sections under the Defects header. If I add defects found when executing a test to just one of the steps in the test at the step level, those do not display back in the Test under the Test Executions section. Why?

Zephyr - This has been adjusted in our Zephyr for JIRA 2.2. Now, when you add a defect to the test step what you will do is hover over the defect in the test cycle. Then you will see the defects filed at the test step level as well as be able to click on them (since they are hyper links).

Kind Regards

Emily

Nicole March 31, 2014

Emily,

We are using Zephyr for JIRA 2.2, but we cannot get defects to populate from test step level to Test Cycles level. Are there any admin setup changes to be made to get this function to work properly?

Thanks,

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2014

Hi Nli,

Currently if you want to see the test step defects to appear in the test cycle you will need to do two things.

1) You will need to file a defect not only against the test steps but against the test execution as well. There needs to be a defect filed against the test execution in order for it to appear in the cycle screen.

2) Once you have defects filed against the test steps and defects filed against the execution, you can hover over the defect in the cycles screen. From here you will see a pop up appear. That pop up will display the defects on the execution and test step levels.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Nicole March 31, 2014

We see the pop up now! Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events