Update existing Custom Field Values for multiple issues ?

How can we update it using postgres DB ?

How can we update using JIRA UI ?

JIRA Version - 6.4 and 7.0

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 19, 2017

Hello,

You should not update custom field values using Database. You can use bulk change functionality in Jira UI. You can read more here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-861257342.html

Hi Alexey,

I tried EDIT BULK operation but it is not applicable for already closed issues as it says:

N/AEdit IssuesNOTE: You do not have permission to edit the selected 1 issues or at least one issue has a status that forbids editing.

I have 1000s of cases which can't be reopened at this stage. Just want to mark some custom field values to NONE.

Please suggest.

I guess there is the jira.issue.editable property for the closed status in your workflow. Change the property to jira.permission.edit.group.1 with value jira-administrators (I guess you are a Jira administrator?). Publish the workflow and you will be able to bulk change the issues.

Hi Alexey,

i dont see jira.issue.editable property defined for the closed status. 

Yes i am JIRA administrator. I have added the property  jira.permission.edit.group.1 with value jira-administrators for closed status. But it is still giving same message.

It is written that there is an issue in a status that forbids editing. You can forbid editing for a status only using workflow properties. What is the status for the issue that can not be edited?

Issue status is closed.

Kindly make sure that you are looking at the correct workflow. There must be workflow property.

Hi Alexey,

i have multiple active workflows for multiple projects.

Can you please explain how can i get pkey value for respective customfield value.

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 20, 2017

Pkey is not connected to a custom field. It is connected to an issuetype. That is why you should search all the project's workflows for the property in the Closed status.

Is there a way to edit a closed issue with Administrator mode without reopen the issue ?

either by UI or DB. Please suggest.

Thanks 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

845 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you