Ricky Lin November 16, 2017

[Security Levels: ]

Level 1 has Group A and Admin Group
Level 2 has Group B and Admin Group
Level 3 has Group C and Admin Group

[ Custom Group Picker: ]
Uploaders

[ Goal: ]

When Security Levels 1 and Level 2 are selected, the Uploaders Group Picker will be updated so that only Group A, Group B, and Admin Group will be able to perform the next transition in the outgoing Status.

[ Problem: ]
1) I don't have a clean way to select multiple Security Levels by default.
2) I don't have a way to extract the Group/User/Role information based on the selected Security Levels.

I have Script Runner and JMWE installed in the instance.  The post-function options seem to be very limited for what I'm trying to do (Update Custom Field X based on the selected value(s) in Field Y)  Has anyone ever had to do this before?  Any help would be appreciated...

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

If security level chosen to  Level 1 then only Group A and Admin Group will be able to see the issue which means that only they will be able to transition the issue. In the Uploaders custom field you can can add aditional users. You do not need to copy users from Group A and Admin Group to the Uploaders field.

Ricky Lin November 17, 2017

Hi Alexey,

The thing is we want to add up these users to the Uploaders group somehow (whether it be via Custom Field or Security Level).  The idea is also try not to have the Admin Group users pick from the Uploaders field because it'll list all Groups available in JIRA, which may cause confusion.

Another approach I was thinking of was maybe doing a select list, where each option will append Group X and Admin Group to the Uploaders custom Group field.  But I do not know how to do it so that the options add up rather than overwriting (copy value from one field to another)

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Hello,

I do not understand your Goal. What is the connection between the Uploaders group picker and the next transition? Do you have a condition on the transition? If so why do you need the custom field and what do you want to store there?

Ricky Lin November 16, 2017

Hi ALexy!  Thank you for answering (See the workflow attached) 

Let me try to clarify (see attached for the simplified workflow):

My goal is to have the Admin Group define a list of select users (Uploaders) who are to work on the ticket (Transition 1) and make it so that only the Uploaders+Admin Group can see and work on the ticket (Transition 2) to completion  in the actual use case, Admin Group may select to up to 7 groups to do the work, but you never know which ones will be selected.

In short:

1) There is to be a condition where only the Uploaders can execute Transition 2.
2) I need the custom field picker to store the list of users who will be working on the ticket as picked by admin.

Workflow.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events