Unsupported draw.io version; please upgrade

Ben Forbes April 8, 2018

I'm getting this message every time I create or edit a draw.io diagram in Confluence Cloud. Why am I seeing this message? Do I need to worry about it?

2 answers

1 vote
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2018

Hi, Ben.

You need to update your Draw Io plugin to the latest version, you may navigate to the following link and update it:

• https://instance name/wiki/plugins/servlet/upm

plu.PNG

0 votes
Ben Forbes April 8, 2018

Thanks Suren. I found the page, and it listed draw.io with the "Paid update" button. I clicked that button and it installed the update.

However, when I go to use the plugin (e.g. create a new draw.io diagram), it now says "Please install a license for the draw.io app". In the Manage add-ons page, it is now listed but the button says "Free trial", and the license details says "Unlicensed". I'm pretty sure we have the licence, since we've been using it for a year or more at this point.

Why does it seem to think we don't have a licence?

Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2018

Hi, Ben.

I have created a support ticket with our customer advocate.  Your message has been sent and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly.

If you do not receive a confirmation email from us within the next
few minutes please check your spam or junk mail folder.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

You've been using the free version, which doesn't have any license. Click "Free trial" to add an evaluation license.

Ben Forbes April 17, 2018

Thanks David. I didn't have any problems with the free version, but the message "Unsupported draw.io version" made me think I needed to upgrade. I guess this means Confluence Cloud is not supporting the use of the free version anymore? If I have the option I would like to downgrade back to the free version.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

The reason that warning is shown is the free version of draw.io was frozen when it switched to being pay-for, in August 2017. Whereas, draw.io itself shouldn't break, the problem is that the Confluence API is moving and draw.io isn't. This means, eventually, compatibility issues will arise and the warning is in place because a problem with diagram revisions has started in the free version.

You're welcome to switch back to the free version, but please note we won't fix issues (it's unsupported). The instructions are at https://desk.draw.io/solution/articles/16000074565-how-to-downgrade-from-a-pay-for-version-of-draw-io-for-confluence-cloud-to-a-free-version.

Ben Forbes April 18, 2018

Thanks David, I'll look into that, but it does sound wiser to use the supported version.

Elior Odinak May 30, 2018

We are using the PAID version and under manage add-on, it shows that we are using the latest (there is no option to upgrade), yet we still receive the message to please upgrade the add-on and we can no longer click ok and continue to edit. We are completely blocked and cannot edit our diagrams.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2018

Are you sure you're looking at the Confluence plugin screen and not the Jira plugin screen?

Elior Odinak May 30, 2018

That may have been the issue. Thank you!

François Courtin June 26, 2018

Hi @David Benson _draw_io_ we have exactly this "unsupported" issue now (and unfortunately are bootstrapping so might not be ready to switch to paid just yet), but the instruction page you link doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Has it been moved somewhere else? 

Thanks!

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2018

@François CourtinYou can find the Google cache version of the article at http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FbpPiuaGEqgJ:https://desk.draw.io/support/solutions/articles/16000074565-how-to-downgrade-from-a-pay-for-version-of-draw-io-for-confluence-cloud-to-a-free-version&num=1&client=firefox-b-ab&hl=en&gl=uk&strip=1&vwsrc=0

The reason we removed it is that version is displaying a number of problem, since we haven't updated it for a year. Many users are reporting that they cannot edit diagrams, and were unhappy we were telling them how to downgrade to the free version if it didn't work properly.

If you can't edit diagrams in the free version, you're in the same position as running an unlicensed version of the latest version and at least that won't have additional problems.

But if you have a message saying "unsupported version", you're already running the free version. We show that message when we detect you're running a version of Confluence Cloud that the free version doesn't work correctly with any longer.

François Courtin June 27, 2018

Hey David,

Fast answer much appreciated! Based on this (can't edit any of our diagrams if we stick to the free version) and the very reasonable pricing (just doubled checked now), I think we're just going to switch to the paid version.

Have a great day!

Greg Channel July 9, 2018

We were on the 'free' version and started getting the "unsupported.." message.  We switched to the 'Paid' version, yet when we try to edit a draw.io page, we get the error message "Please install a license for the draw.io app".      How do we resolve this issue?

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2018

In the manage add-ons screen for your Confluence Cloud, expand the draw.io section and click "free trial".

Greg Channel July 9, 2018

Success  Thanks

Roy Houdijk September 13, 2018

Hey David,

I am a user (not an admin) in a confluence cloud but I'm not able to insert draw.io diagrams in my pages because of the following message 'Please install a license for the draw.io app'. I asked my admin to upgrade to paid version and click on free trail but it still doesn't work for me.

What should I do to continue my work?

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018

Check they started the trial for Confluence Cloud and not Jira Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events