Uninstall SVN Importer Plugin

Chris_Boersma October 23, 2013

Hello,

I've gone through the process of uninstalling the SVN Importer plugin, however when I commit I still see that the system is trying to call subgit and syncronize to my SVN repository.

If I do a search under my stash-home/data directory I can still see subgit and other svn directories exist.

Is there anything special I need to do in order to ensure that this plugin is properly removed?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Kitaev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

What versions of the plugin/stash do you use? We'll check it ASAP, but I think with the latest version of the plugin and stash described behaviourn should not be reproducible.

If it is, then you may first uninstall SubGit from each repository from the "SVN Mirror" settings page and then uninstall add-on itself.

0 votes
Chris_Boersma November 1, 2013

Thanks this worked! It would be nice if the act of uninstalling the plugin automatically uninstalled any repository syncs as well.

0 votes
Chris_Boersma October 28, 2013

We are using Stash version 2.7.0. As for the plugin I don't remember which version it was off the top of my head as we removed it last week.

Is an acceptable work around to re-install the plugin and then uninstall SubGit from the SVN Mirror settings page?

Alexander Kitaev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2013

Hello Chris,

Indeed, this workaround should work well for you:

1. Enable plugin once again. I think you should use v2.0.4 with Stash 2.7.0 (you can use this direct link from 'Upload Plugin' menu).

2. Then go to 'Subversion Mirror' page and click on 'Uninstall' button for every Git repository synchronized with SVN;

3. Disable plugin.

Just for further references: we've fixed this problem in v2.0.6: once the plugin gets disabled, no further synchronization happens. Note that this version requires Stash 2.8+.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events