Unexpected argument: cloneProject

vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2017

On JIRA 7.3.0 + CLI 6.2.0, running a simple clone project action: -action cloneProject --project "TEST" --toProject "TESTC" --cloneIssues --options basicAuthentication

result in the following error (tested without --options basicAuthentication with same result)

Error

Action: -action cloneProject --project "TEST" --toProject "TESTC" --cloneIssues -s https://myjira.com -p *** --login ***

Error: Unexpected argument: cloneProject

Is this a bug?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2017

I believe you just need to change "-action" to "--action".

vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2017

but then I get the following despite having "Administer Projects" permission. (I'm also member of systemadministrator group in the global permission)

Remote error: User is not authorized to perform the request. Response code: 401.

do you know?

Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2017

It could be that your user account has exceed the maximum invalid login attempts, the username/password you configured in the CLI is not accurate, or your JIRA instance is using a custom authentication framework. (The CLI uses "basic" authentication to the server.)

Try using the --debug option and --verbose option to see if that sheds any light on what is going on, and post it here if it doesn't.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events