Understanding Tempo Scheduler

MarkW March 4, 2014

I just want to make sure I understand the Tempo period scheduler as we noticed it is not closing the period.

We have the Temppo Period Scheduler configured for a Type "Period", Repeat On "Monday", Make Scheduler Close "checked", Close "0" working days after end date, no email settings turned and the scheduler marked active.

Is there something that we are missing? Our expectation was that the February period would close automatically but it did not. We thought that using the scheduler would close the period no matter what the status of the timesheets were.

Does the Period and Repeat On options play an additional part on when the period will close or are those simply for email notifications.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2014

Hi Mark

The scheduler is only blocking the period for adding and editing worklogs for Tempo Team members.

Periods in Tempo are maintained manually as documented on this page.
https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Period+Management

Hope this answers your question

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

MarkW March 12, 2014

Thank you for the response Sverrir. I did read that part in your documentation:

When the Scheduler is used to schedule a closure, users are blocked to add and edit worklogs within an Open Period after the closing date. In order to be able to add and edit to those worklogs after the closing date, they will have to ask the user with the Approve Timesheet permission for their team to give a short Grace Period to reopen the access. An overview of a Scheduler configured for a weekly closure can be seen in the screenshot below.

I retested that in our testing environment and it does block me from entering time. In our organization, we do not want to allow an grace period, which those with the approve timesheet permission can grant. I don't see there is a way to restrict that, if so then the scheduler would work..without we would prefer the period to hard close.

I think I will submit an enhancement for that if possible.

0 votes
MarkW March 12, 2014

Thank you for the response Sverrir. I did read that part in your documentation:

When the Scheduler is used to schedule a closure, users are blocked to add and edit worklogs within an Open Period after the closing date. In order to be able to add and edit to those worklogs after the closing date, they will have to ask the user with the Approve Timesheet permission for their team to give a short Grace Period to reopen the access. An overview of a Scheduler configured for a weekly closure can be seen in the screenshot below.

I retested that in our testing environment and it does block me from entering time. In our organization, we do not want to allow an grace period, which those with the approve timesheet permission can grant. I don't see there is a way to restrict that, if so then the scheduler would work..without we would prefer the period to hard close.

I think I will submit an enhancement for that if possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events