Unable to produce any reports from ictime

Andreas Mueller March 19, 2013

I setup the configuration, make the project active, do not use teams or price lists. Added work logs to projects (ON.timesheet produces a report), specify a valid reporting period with all components, versions and activity types (whiche are defined and assigned to all projects), but no report data is fetched from the database.

Am I missing someting. Runing the latest version of Jira and installed the current version for ictime.

3 answers

0 votes
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2013

We have released ictime version 2.3.6 today, this version has been specifically tested with Oracle (and MS SQL) and should now properly work. Please give it a try.

Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013

Sorry, was a bit to quick, 2.3.6 ist not yet available to the public because we still have some issues.

Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2013

Version 2.3.7 that fixes all known issues for Oracle and MS SQL Server is avaiable now.

0 votes
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2013

The report query still seems to have problems with the oracle database. We are aware of it and are currently working on a permanent fix. This is one example of a report query(the "w.*" usually comes in first place, but w.id is enough for testing):

SELECT DISTINCT
  -- w.*
  w.id
, p.id as projectId
,t.rounding_rule_id
, t.start_time
, t.end_time
, t.billed
, t.chargeable
, t.calc_time
, t.worklog_id
, t.project_id as timeEntryProjectId
, t.price_list_id
, at.name
, at.id as activityTypeId
, ex.excluded
, cu.value

from project p INNER JOIN jiraissue i on (p.id = i.project)

left outer join AO_9B23C2_PROJECT_STATUS s on ( p.id = s.project_id)
inner join worklog w on ( w.issueid = i.id )
left outer join AO_9B23C2_TIME_ENTRY t on ( t.worklog_id = w.id )
left outer join AO_9B23C2_ACTIVITY_TYPE at on ( at.id = t.activity_type_id )
left outer join AO_9B23C2_EXCLUDE_WORKLOG ex on ( ex.worklog_id = w.id )
left outer join AO_9B23C2_CURRENCY cu on ( cu.project_id = p.id )

where t.billed = 0
  and ( s.value is null or s.value = 0 or s.value = 1 )

Maybe you could try to run this query directly in your database and tell me if there are any errors. That would help us a lot for finding a quick solution.

0 votes
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013

There has been a bug in ictime version 2.3.2+ that caused reports and timesheets not delivering results when using Oracle, PostgreSQL or MS SQL databases for your JIRA installation. This should be fixed in ictime release 2.3.5 from yesterday late afternoon for Oracle and PostgreSQL, for MS SQL we need some more tests to be sure that the fix also solves the problem for MS SQL, but probably it already does. Are you using ictime 2.3.5, and if yes, which database are you using? If you are not using ictime 2.3.5 already, please update.

Andreas Mueller March 20, 2013

I am using Oracle database and have the newest version 2.3.5 of ictime installed. No results are produced. How can I check this issue. Is there a way to trace the sql statement ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events