Unable to locate "ROLE BASED ESTIMATIONS" area referred to in documentation.

Kinsey May 23, 2018

I am a Jira admin and attempting to follow the instructions on getting started with the JIRA role based estimations and tracking add on (cloud). I am not able to see the "ROLE BASED ESTIMATIONS" area referred to in the setup documentation.  This is a huge problem and is a deal breaker for this add on unless it can be resolved.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Adding to that, I think you have downloaded the documentation for the server version. The documentation for the cloud version is here :

JiraRoleTrackingForCloudDocumentation

Kinsey May 24, 2018

Yes, that is the version I needed. Thank you.
I have another concern...is there a way to do a JQL to find the estimations based on roles? I don't see any fields specific to this. 

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2018

Hi Matt,

The cloud version of the plugin is still in its initial phase, but we are working towards including new features as soon as we can.

As of now, there are no JQL available since the role-based data is not being stored as a field, but we working on creating a report module, that will allow you to generate some meaningful reports on the role-based data.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Kinsey May 25, 2018

Thank you for the information Abhinav!
Is there a plan to store the data as a field in the future?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2018

If you can't see functions the App is supposed to add, then can you check that it has a working licence (evaluation is fine), and it is installed and enabled and showing no errors?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events