Unable to launch intellij from Inline Script editor sucessfully

Robbie Wareham November 18, 2017

Hi,

I have followed all the instructions defined in https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/confluence/intellij-integration.html, and have reached a point in which I have a project automatically created via JIRA.

However, I have couple of issues which result in an error message appearing in JIRA;
Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 09.43.13.pngHaving looked at Intellij logs, I can see the following displayed after I define the location of the JIRA source code;

No such property: JAR_SEPARATOR for class: com.intellij.ide.fileTemplates.impl.UrlUtil

When I click the "intellij" button next to the inline script editor, I see the following error in Intelli;

Unrecognized field "application" (class com.adaptavist.idea.rest.server.OpenInIdeAction), not marked as ignorable (11 known properties: "sessionId", "metaClass", "deserialiseToClass", "scriptText", "scriptInfo", "name", "confirmCreate", "scriptRoot", "baseUrl", "scriptFile", "channelId"])

Sniffing the network traffic between the browser and intellij, I can see that one of the requests failed;

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 09.46.51.png

I have tried downgrading the plugin to 0.5 and 0.1 but both that my versio of Intellij does not support it

Intellij Version: Ultimate 2107.2.6

JIRA Version: (v7.4.4#74006-sha1:cbc13d9)

Java Version: jdk1.8.0_121

Script Runner version: 5.2.1

1 answer

0 votes
Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2017

Can you make sure that you have the latest version of the plugin (0.7.12)? You can get it from our JetBrains listing https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/9751-scriptrunner-idea-plugin or download it via IDEA's plugin manager.

Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2017

Also, be advised that the plugin is not yet compatible with the latest version of IntelliJ (2017.3). We're working on a compatibility update presently.

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2018

Did this get fixed?

Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2018

Yes. The latest release of the plugin (0.7.13) should work with IntelliJ builds in the 173 range. The one exception is from the Behaviours pages, which is currently broken.

Full disclosure: These compatibility breaks are one reason that the IntelliJ integration is still behind a dark feature flag. We're working to get the infrastructure in place to that we can switch that off, and make it a full fledged feature like any other, with good compatibility checks any time JetBrains or Atlassian do another release. We don't have a hard release date on that, but keep an eye on our release notes for the eventual announcement when the IntelliJ integration comes into the light. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events