Unable to configure Google Analytics Plugin for Confluence

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

I tried to install evaluation version of this plugin but I am getting the following error.

The following error(s) occurred:•Problem with the Google Analytics service getAccountsList

How can this be resolved?

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 22, 2013

@Srinivas Patruni The latest version of Google Analytics for Confluence has a much simplified configuration screen. Please try it out, the "generate Google API key" step has been removed. It's much easier.

2 votes
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

It's not the library that's the issue, but the API key from the Google API console that was used.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 13, 2013

In the Google APIs Console, we need to configure "Simple API Access"using a "Key for browser apps", then use this key to access the data. Doing this fixes the problem.

Steven McCann January 24, 2013

I've tried this with our site but it doesn't seem to resolve the error.

Marketplace Partner
April 22, 2013

This answer is now incorrect as of version 2.2.0 of the plugin. Unfortunately, I can't seem to delete my answer :(

1 vote
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2013

Hello Spatruni,

Some preliminary research indicates that this might be a problem with the library that the google analytics plugin may be using an outdated library to interact with the Analytics API. This is a third party product and the best I can do is offer a bit of speculation. I would try installing the latest version of the plugin that is compatible with your system and trying once again.

If that does not work for you, I think it might be a good idea to ge ahold of Appfusions directly. I am including their support page from our marketplace below.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/me.davidsimpson.confluence.plugins.googleanalytics/version/2110/support

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2013

Hi Daniel,

I tried couple of times installing this plugin on our confluence 4.1.6 but it is showing the same error. so I mailed the same to the support id info@appfusions.com.

Thanks, Srinivas

Marketplace Partner
January 13, 2013

@Daniel It's not the library that's the issue, but the API key from the Google API console that was used.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2013

Hi David, I am running with the same issue again. Though i tried with different browser key types, i am still facing this issue. Please advise on how to proceed further.

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

A new release for this plugin was just released, to simplify the configuration a little.

Hope it helps.

Contact info@appfusions.com to get a license and try it.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

A new release for this plugin was just released, so simplify the configuration a little.

Hope it helps.

Contact info@appfusions.com to get a license and try it.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2013

Contact us at info@appfusions.com for support -

Answers is not AppFusions support channel - impossible to provide proper support here since no direct notifications on issues that affect us always, and so timeliness is a best effort at best - and at the rate that Answers questions move, we can't track every question instantly.

Please try to understand.

info@appfusions.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events