Unable to assign bug to any user in jira

Vivek Goyal June 15, 2014

I am using jira for bug tracking. While executing test case when i try to log a bug in jire through zephyr interface it is not showing any data for assign to field. I can updated any existing bug but unable to log new one as no data is displayed for assign to field. Kindly help me on this.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vivek Goyal June 23, 2014

I also got solution of my problem. It was something else. In my case it was compatibility issue of zephyr and Jira. I wass using jira 4.5 and it was not compatible. Now i had installed latest version of Jira and my problem got solved.

1 vote
Kate Johnson June 22, 2014

Hi Vivek,

We have found the problem with our setup. In the 'Administration' part of the application, there is a tab for 'defect tracking' which contains the connect string/URL (under "Connection Info")

We had the following string there:

http://<serverIPaddress>:<portnum>//rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2

BUT In our case, the URL in here was incorrect - see the double // in the middle of the URL?

Once I removed this double // the problem with assigning JIRA bugs to users from within Zephyr went away. Strange, huh? I would have expected that a mistake in this string would cause a LOT more errors with the connection to JIRA than just the 'assigned to' field - but it didn't.

I'm still having some other problems, but this one at least is fixed now..

I hope that helps you too.

0 votes
Vivek Goyal June 22, 2014

Kate,

Thanks for your reply and solution. I also got solution of my problem. It was something else. In my case it was compatibility issue of zephyr and Jira. I wass using jira 4.5 and it was not compatible. Now i had installed latest version of Jira and my problem got solved. Thanks for your reply.

0 votes
Vivek Goyal June 19, 2014

Kate, i am still stuck on this point and looking for the answer. If i get something will definately inform you.

0 votes
Kate Johnson June 19, 2014

Did you find a resolution to this problem? We have just installed Zephyr Community Edition and are having the same problem. I would be interested to know your resolution.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events