Unable to assign bug to any user in jira

I am using jira for bug tracking. While executing test case when i try to log a bug in jire through zephyr interface it is not showing any data for assign to field. I can updated any existing bug but unable to log new one as no data is displayed for assign to field. Kindly help me on this.

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I also got solution of my problem. It was something else. In my case it was compatibility issue of zephyr and Jira. I wass using jira 4.5 and it was not compatible. Now i had installed latest version of Jira and my problem got solved.

Hi Vivek,

We have found the problem with our setup. In the 'Administration' part of the application, there is a tab for 'defect tracking' which contains the connect string/URL (under "Connection Info")

We had the following string there:

http://<serverIPaddress>:<portnum>//rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2

BUT In our case, the URL in here was incorrect - see the double // in the middle of the URL?

Once I removed this double // the problem with assigning JIRA bugs to users from within Zephyr went away. Strange, huh? I would have expected that a mistake in this string would cause a LOT more errors with the connection to JIRA than just the 'assigned to' field - but it didn't.

I'm still having some other problems, but this one at least is fixed now..

I hope that helps you too.

Did you find a resolution to this problem? We have just installed Zephyr Community Edition and are having the same problem. I would be interested to know your resolution.

Thanks!

Kate, i am still stuck on this point and looking for the answer. If i get something will definately inform you.

Kate,

Thanks for your reply and solution. I also got solution of my problem. It was something else. In my case it was compatibility issue of zephyr and Jira. I wass using jira 4.5 and it was not compatible. Now i had installed latest version of Jira and my problem got solved. Thanks for your reply.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

509 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you