Unable to add new PlantUMLs

Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2017

I can't add new PlantUMLs to my Confluence pages (detected this on Friday). As this also affects my plug-in SVG Out I just wanted to know whether you already contacted Atlassian on that (I guess you influence is bigger than mine).

In case you don't know it already: the latest version of Confluence Cloud terminates the macro editor for newly inserted macros once onSubmit returns without waiting for the code to complete. In case it is not a new macro everything works as usual.

1 answer

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2017

If you add other add-ons to your instance, do they fail as well?

Simon Lemieux February 26, 2017

Hi, I just recently subscribed for a Confluence Cloud instance and cannot save my first PlantUML graph.  Can you make the ticket number public or provide us with a way to increase priority or raise attention in some way?

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2017

I don't have permissions to make the ticket public. Can you check whether other add-ons are working please?

Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2017

Dear David, thank you for you quick answer. I have only two add-ons failing: PlantUML and my own. All the other ones work normally (tested: draw.io, ImageMap, Latex Lite, GoogleMaps).

As I already wrote this is because PlantUML and my SVG Out "have things to do" before closing the macro editor. Confluence ignores this and simply closes the editor prior saving the macro parameters. The missing macro parameters prevent the insertion of the macro.

Andreas

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2017

@Andreas Do you have any browser extensions that might be blocking access to the draw.io domain from the page?

Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2017

Negative - no extenstions.

Blocking the domain draw.io would have affected the plugin draw.io as well but the plugin draw.io is working as usual.

Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2017

Workaround: you can add new PlantUMLs by typing { and then selecting PlantUML. Using the "+" menu still does not work.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2017

Does not work? i.e. does nothing? Any browser console errors?

Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2017

The macro is not inserted (no placeholder is shown). No error message in the console. 

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2017

Andreas, email support@draw.io and we'll setup a test Confluence Cloud and see whether we get the same result.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events