Unable to Edit Gadget settings - Jenkins Build Results Gadget

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

Was working fine prior to Jira 6 but now, even with the latest plugin update, the Edit function is not working. Edit button is there but when you click on it nothing happens. I've tried deleting it and readding it but it still does not work. All other gadgets on the same Dashboard can be edited fine.

I've tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling the gadget, cleared caches, restarted Jira, but still cannot Edit the gadget settings.

Thanks,

J

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2013

I did like this gadget but I've just dropped it to the lack of updates. I will be using the other Jenkins add-on.

0 votes
Cyril Burd September 28, 2013

Like what?

BTW, I fixed the plug-in and added some features.

Little bit glitchy, but if you want: http://yadi.sk/d/lSIkmat3A6sNF

0 votes
Cyril Burd September 7, 2013

Quick and dirty fix I found:

1. Download the sources from: https://github.com/jbossorg/jira-jenkins-gadget

2. Edit the follwoing in /src/main/resources/gadget.xml file :

<UserPref name="jenkins_job_name" display_name="Jenkins/Hudson Job name" datatype="string" required="true" default_value="YOUR_PROJECT_NAME"/>
    <UserPref name="jenkins_url" display_name="Jenkins/Hudson server URL (default hudson.jboss.org)" datatype="string" default_value="YOUR_JENKINS_URL" />

3. build by running "mvn clean package"

4. Open Jira -> Administration -> Add-ons -> Manage Add-ons -> Upload add-on. The fixed gadget will be in 'target' directory, named build-gadgets-1.5.jar

This is not a solution, but just a quick workaround for those who need this gadget asap like me :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events