Trouble Configuring JEMH for a Helpdesk environment from scratch

YvesF September 5, 2013

Hi I'm using JEMH 1.4.23 with JIRA 6.0.5. I'm stuck in your manual "

"Configure JEMH for a Helpdesk environment from scratch" at

Create a JEMH Issue Listener Project Template Mapping.

Do you have an exacter Manual for JIRA 6.0.5?

Thanks,

Thomas Blaser

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2013

Hi Yves,

I've just gone through that section and made some clarifications, and added supporting screenshots, please review and indicate what area you have a problem with? If you register on the site, you can even comment on the page?!

YvesF September 8, 2013

Hello Andi

Thanks for your support. I managed to configure the "Non-JIRA notifications" as you can see in the screen-shot below. Unfortunately I'm having trouble with the "JIRA notifications" - using the same space key is somehow a problem ?

Tom

YvesF September 8, 2013

Screenshot :
YvesF September 8, 2013

Scrennshots :

YvesF September 8, 2013

Hello Andy

What is wrong here? I'm getting answers to my comments from a shoe store !?

Thomas Blaser

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2013

From what I can see, you created a Project Mapping OK, and setup the non-jira user notification for that Project. In order to setup JIRA user notification for that project, just switch tabs, don't try to create another Project Mapping, there can be only one.

There are spammers lurking. we terminate from time to time but like weeds they grow back.

YvesF September 9, 2013

Hi Andy

Thanks for your help...got me a fews steps ahead. I'm now tesing, but I get this message :

I have this in my settings :

Is there something wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Thomas

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2013

The latest comment is saying that whist this Profile is expecting mail to 'issue@trippleeye.ch' you havent changed the TO: address of the Test Case email to match, just edit the Test Case and try again.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2013

When configuring for non-JIRA account holder support, you need to set a JIRA user 'somewhere' that has priivleges in your project. The simplest way is to set the User > Default User to be that user. More complex configurations are possible with Project Mappings that allow Rules to be applied to incoming messages, eg based on sender email address.

YvesF September 9, 2013

Hi Andy

Thanks....I sent an e-mail from thomas.blasre@tripleeye.ch this is a registered JIRA user. A an issue was correctly generated !! I then tried from a none JIRA user e-mail and it didn't work :

Thanks

Thomas

YvesF September 9, 2013

This is what I've configured for this project (like you mentioned in your manual):

Is something missing ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2013

Right, you have created a user and given privileges. How does JEMH know this? You must set the "JEMH Profile > User > Default Reporter" to be that user (at least)

YvesF September 9, 2013

Hello Andy

I have succeeded...thanks. I have some more questions to the Plugin, can we communicate via e-mail, is a bit easier?

Please contact me at thomas.blaser@tripleeye.ch

Best regards

Thomas Blaser

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events