Transition a parent issue using JMWE add-on

Shankar Padmanabhan October 16, 2018

Hi all,

I am trying to get the JMWE addon working for Transitioning a parent issue when a subtask is "Done"

My parent workflow is

Open ->Status1 -> Status2 -> Status3 -> Status4 -> Done

My subtask has multiple status with a completely different workflow. I have created a post-function to Set the Subtask resolution to "Done" when the user click on the final transition.  Usually when the subtask is done, the parent is in Status2 position.

As part of the subtask post function, I am trying to include a "Transition a parent issue" as well. I need the Parent task to be moved to Status3 position. 

Need help is setting this up using the Nunjucks template. Any help appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2018

Hi Shankar,

I assume you're using JMWE on Jira Cloud, right?

You don't need any Nunjucks for that. However, since Jira will only allow issues to change statuses through _transitions_, you need to make sure you have a transition to the "Status3" status that works from _any_ status. The easiest is to create a "Done" _global_ transition (on the graphical workflow editor) that goes from _any_ status to the "Status3" status, and trigger that transition (by name or by ID) using the Transition Parent Issue post-function from the appropriate subtask transition(s).

Shankar Padmanabhan October 18, 2018

Hi David,

I already have a "Done" status in the workflow. But my current parent issue is still not in "Done" status. It just needs to move to the next status i.e from Status2 to Status3.

I have used the url "https://my-site.net/rest/api/2/status/" to identify the transition id. I identified it to be 23666

When the give this id in the  Transition value in the add-on... it just throws me an exception as follows

Found no transition available for issue <Jira Issue Key> with name or id '23666'.

This is where I am getting stuck. 

Shankar Padmanabhan October 18, 2018

Got it working... I was using the wrong transition Id. Found the right one in the workflow editor. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events