Transition Dates for old Issues with Jira Misc Custom Fields

Peter Graves September 5, 2018

I followed the directions to create a custom Transition Date/Time field using

<!-- @TransitionId: transition_ID_1,transition_ID_2 -->

After re-indexing JIRA, an new transitions that I setup do fill in the new custom field(s).  However, I was under the impression this plugin would also fill in the fields for historical Issues as well.

Is it supposed to do this?  If not, does anyone have a suggestion on how to get specific Transition Dates for old Issues?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2018

Yes, it does work with old issues. Maybe the problem is that the workflow was different in the past for these old issues? And thus the transition IDs were different then?

Peter Graves September 7, 2018

I don't think so... when I say old Issues, we are only talking weeks/months and the Workflow hasn't changed in that time.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2018

So when you display an older issue, the transition date/time field doesn't display any value? That means it's not finding the transition you configured in the OSworkflow history. 

Peter Graves September 12, 2018

Not sure why the first wasn't being filed in before, but the old records now have values.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events