Tracking another projects issues

rohan12111 September 10, 2017

Is there an easy way to view status of a linked issue?

We need to view specific issues from project B (that we do not have admin rights to) on our project A board to track their status.

We have tried adding them to our board with a filter, but this then means we cannot create new sprints as we need admin rights to project B.

I have also tried creating linked tracking tickets, but this is cumbersome as I need to open each tracked ticket to view the status.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Hi Rohan,

Depending on the scope of what you're trying to do you may need a third party add-on such as ScriptRunner.  Take a look at the communities post titled Solved: jira query: issues with linked issues.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Michael Yang - Shinetech Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2022

I know this is old question, but our addon is exactly fit for such requirement. With browser permission you can link issues from other project by conditions like label, fix version, components etc, and be informed via email notification when the specified status of the tracked issues are matched. Also you could export the linked issues to excel.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1227209/stepwise-job-dependency-tree-view

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2022

Hi @Michael Yang - Shinetech Software 

Please do not revive these old threads just to promote your solution.  Please review our Atlassian Community online guidelines for Marketplace and Solution Partners.  In particular the section called A word on necroposting applies here.  However I would recommend reviewing the entire thread.

Thanks

Andy

Michael Yang - Shinetech Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 20, 2022

Sure, I didn't know that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events