Timesheet report not filtering as expected

Hi,

We're running Timesheet v. 2.5.6 under JIRA 6.0.4. When setting up a weekly timesheet report for a project, all projects I have access to is listed in the resulting report. It seems to me that the Project selection dropdown has no effect. We need to create a filter to set up the correct report, and this is too much work on a weekly basis. In the previous version we were able to modify the dates in the URL, and that was it.

Also, I have to specify a group, or else nothing is listed. This is a bit dangerous as groups change over time and reports change due to that over time. I would like to specify a project, a date and get a report showing all work done in that project between those dates. Anyone else having these problems?

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I think JIRA restart should help, project parameter should be 'projectid', not 'project' - that's why it's ignored. It must have changed recently in report configuration.

Thank you.

Hi,

Would provide an url you're trying to use? Also, if you go via report configuraiton and specify project, does it work as expected?

Note, when project is specified and no target user or group is specified, report shows timesheet for all project users, i.e. all users worked on the project issues during the perioed. So it must be something wrong with your url if you bookmarked it.

Thank you.

Hi,

This url is created by report configuration:

https://jira.ourdomain.com/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?startDate=1%2FMar%2F13&endDate=7%2FMar%2F13&targetUser=&targetGroup=&priority=&project=10301&filterid=&weekends=true&showUsers=true&groupByField=&selectedProjectId=10301&reportKey=jira-timesheet-plugin%3Areport&Next=Next

In the resulting report, both projects I've logged work for in this period is listed. As I specify a project, this seems incorrect.

When I click the [change] link, Project Dropdown is reset to "All Projects". Date is kept as configured.

Also, if I also add a group, I get listings for all members of that group (jira-developers, which is all developers in our company):

https://jira.ourdomain.com/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?startDate=1%2FMar%2F13&endDate=7%2FMar%2F13&targetUser=&targetGroup=jira-developers&priority=&project=10301&filterid=&weekends=true&showUsers=true&groupByField=&selectedProjectId=10301&reportKey=jira-timesheet-plugin%3Areport&Next=Next

I would expect the group to be the first selection of people, but further filtered by the selection of the project. Again, it seems like the project selection has no effect.

When I click the [change] link, selected date and group is preserved in the configurator. The Project is reset to All Projects.

Ola

As easy as that! A restart did the trick. Thanks.

Ola

I have a similar problem but I am using ondemand instance which I cannot restart.

When I select "All project" only one project records are visible. If I select individual projects, I can records pertaining to that project. I have even tried cerating a filter for those two project but desired results are not coming. Only Records for that project where I orgininally created time sheet report is coming up.

Please provide a solution.

Hi Sandeep,

What is your report url? Does it have projectid empty paramter?

Thank you

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

531 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you