Time and Expenses report shows issues not assigned with Account

Samantha Lamey June 7, 2016

Hi, 

I'm looking at the Time and Expenses report for an account and I can see time that has been booked to issues that are not assigned to this account. The Time Tracking tab on the accounts page shows the correct amount of time book to the account and only includes the correct issues, but the Time and Expenses report shows more. 

Also, the role is showing as 'member' but they have been assigned as different roles with in the team. Is there anyway to change this? 

Thanks

Sam

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hlynur Johnsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Hi Samantha,

There are a couple of issues here.  First, the problem with worklogs from more than one account is a known issue when you use the Account worklog attribute.  We are working on a fix which we plan to release next week.

As for the role rates, the way they work is that when a user has more than one role (an is therefor in more than one team), the software selects the rate to use based on a series of criteria, one of which is what rate is the highest one.  I suspect that in your case the member rate is higher than the role rates you expected to see.  If you haven't specifically linked your team members to the member role, they are probably coming from the default team, which is created when you start to use Timesheets.  If you don't use that team you can safely delete it.

If you use multiple teams where some users are members of more than one team and they have different roles in each team, you can make sure that the correct team's roles are used by specifying the Team in the team custom field of the issue.

Hope this helps,

Hlynur Johnsen

Product Manager - Tempo Timesheets 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events