Time Spent fields blank for recently logged work (after Tempo update?)

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2017

The Time Spent fields in the Issue Navigator are blank for issues people have logged work on recently and it seems suspiciously to coincide with the most recent Tempo update. Is anyone else seeing this? Does anyone know of a workaround? I have a support ticket in but I figured I would ask here if anyone else has run into this. Thx. 

4 answers

1 vote
Leevi Graham June 25, 2017

I can't believe this was missed. Showing different metrics in Jira and Tempo is crazy. This update should have never been deployed.

1 vote
Samuel Sun June 15, 2017

We had the same problem after Tempo upgrade last Friday. The solution was to ensure in JIRA Permission Scheme of the project you want to view worklog, you do have permission on "Time Tracking Permission".

https://support.tempo.io/hc/en-us/articles/115007181127

I hope this can help you. I have been facing problem on Tempo Sevlet since last Friday. The support I could get from Tempo is so limited. It's horrible experience.

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion, but viewing the worklogs isn't the problem. I can do that. It's seeing data in the time tracking fields in the Issue Navigator that isn't working for me. I need to be able to generate reports from there that used to work but no longer do. I did check my permissions and they are set correctly. 

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2017

New reply from Tempo:
We are expecting this issue to be resolved within one or two weeks time. We've done everything on our end to resolve this issue, but we're waiting for Atlassian to allow us to update this field. As soon as Atlassian has given us a green light, this will be implemented.

Kind regards, 
Leifur Eliasson
Tempo

Alexander January 26, 2023

Any news ?

1 vote
Peter Young June 12, 2017

Any news on the support ticket? We are also having the same problem.

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2017

This is the response I got:

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Time Spent field is a JIRA time-tracking field, so when Tempo is selected as the provider, this functionality is lost. We are aware of this issue and are trying to find a solution that would enable us to display Tempo worklogs within JIRA fields and views - all without breaking our permissions. This is firmly on our roadmap. Tempo and Atlassian are collaborating on this issue and it's currently in progress.

This ticket will be linked to an internal issue where we are tracking the progress of this feature and your ticket will be updated when we have more information.

You can read more about the new version of Tempo here: https://support.tempo.io/hc/en-us/articles/228918728 

Doug Levitt June 13, 2017

The response doesn't make sense (at least to me).

Prior to the upgrade, I used to get Tempo Team Timesheet reports for this month and last.

After the upgrade, the mechanism stops working.

What is the value of Tempo if it can't generate such metrics?

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2017

I keep getting automated repsonses to me emails pointing me to articles about the new Tempo but no word on the actual bug they created. This is very frustrating considering how expensive the add-on is. I am currently researching alternatives. 

Orod Semsarzadeh July 3, 2017

That's crazy!!! I was going to generate a report for FY17 and noticed that lots of time spent are missing!! 

Kathy, have you found any alternative? 

By the way, the only crazy solution I can think of is to generate two seperate reports and merge them... I'm getting really mad!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events