Time Sheet add-on Time Spent Report

Oleksandr Prokopiv July 24, 2018

Hello, I am using 

http://www.primetimesheet.net/timereports/ and faced strange situation for Time Spent Report. When I am trying to filter all logged time during the current sprint I get two columns. The first one because of Time Spent Report itself and second as additional filed 
(Time Spent) for this report. Thus, I get all issues, but with two different numbers. 

First column 912.5 hours and Second 295hours. Could someone clarify difference between those two column, and which one should be used for what calculations.

Thank you!

@Andriy Zhdanov

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2018

Hi Oleksandr,

Timespent report has single column Timespent, which shows hours logged during the specified period by any user. It's closer to Timesheet report, but displayed in single column.

However Timespent additional field is an issue field, and is comulative value of all hours logged for the issue.

Thank you.

Thank you for such quick response! 

I had the same guessing, but it was the opposite. 

In my case, for every team I always get time for original (not additional) field more than time logged in current sprint. As I mentioned, it varies depending on the issues, but it's out of sprint scope. In our teams usual logged hours for 1 sprint could be around 300 hours for one team, and it's more or less relevant to the additional fiеld with time spent (usually I get 200-300 hours). In the same time Original timespent for current report always shows summary more than timespent in additional fiеld. Could it be because of logged spent time for the chosen issues in previous sprints?

I hope that You can understand my description!

@Andriy Zhdanov

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2018

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand it correctly. In any case, sprints should not have any impact. Additional field shows overall time spent, disregarding sprint. Report column shows time spent during the selected period, disregarding sprint.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2018

If I understand it correctly, first Time Spent column is Additional Field, and it is overall hours logged for the 66 issues in grouped row. Last Time Spent column is report column, showing hours logged during the selected period for those 66 issues in grouped row.

Yes, you are completely right. I just deleted additional field and time spent for the specified time period remained the same. It was additional column. Sorry for confusion. Thank you!

0 votes
Janelle Orr April 14, 2020

I installed ClockFree and I'm now able to track all users on a specific JIRA ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events