Time Reports displaying "License is not active" message

Jason Mitchell August 2, 2018

One of my colleagues noted today that when she tries to use Time Reports, the page loads with a "NO LICENSE" indicator at the top. She says she has been using this for over a year, and that her predecessor had used it previously.

When you click the All Users checkbox, you see a Denied message. Clicking the View Report button just hides it. 

I've recently taken on doing Jira administration, so I'm not sure where to start to get this fixed. I did note that when I click the cog icon, all of the fields on the Time Reports Configuration page are blank. 

Suggestions? Thanks!

Jason

jira_time_report_license_not_active.PNG

3 answers

1 vote
Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2018

@Jason Mitchell  Welcome to the community!

It is helpful to know if you are on Cloud or Server, but either way you are going to need to take a look at the Add-ons/Plugins installed in your environment.  That is going to be in the Admin functions.  When you get into the Admin functions, you can expand the line the plugin is on and see if the license is expired. 

If you are connected to the Market Place, you will be able to renew from there, if not you can still go to marketplace.atlassian.com to renew the liscense and get the key from my.atlassian.com.  You should probably make sure you have an account on my.atlassian.com with the billing and technical information for your instance anyway, as that is where you will go to renew and get new keys for your software each year.

Hi Kimberly,

We're on Cloud. I see a Free trial button next to Time Reports for Jira Cloud, but no expiry date.

I do see our billing info, on https://bibliocommons.atlassian.net.../paymentdetails. Our subscription runs until January 24, 2019. I don't see anything referencing this add-on though.

Jason

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2018

Have you expanded the line the plugin is listed on?  You can just click on the name and it will expand.  You will be able to see more information about the plugin.

This is a screen shot from my system, that shows an example of what you will see when you expand the line.  

Plugin info.PNG

Yes I have, and there's no expiry date. It's as if it's never been installed.

Andriy mentioned that if we start a trial we'll just get billed when it's up. That sounds fine.

Thank you for your help.

Jason

1 vote
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2018

Hi Jason,

Could you please check whether you can enable trial or active subscription in Administration - Add-ons - Manage Add-ons for the add-on?

Thank you.

Hi Andriy,

I believe so. I see a Free trial button next to Time Reports for Jira Cloud.

Jason

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2018

Hi Jason,

Just click it, and billing should start automatically once trial is over (in a week).

Thank you.

Thanks Andriy, that'll work.

0 votes
Faiz October 2, 2019

Hi,

We seem to be facing a similiar issue, whereas we have a subscription and have been paying every month for it.

time-reports.PNGsubscription.PNG

Could you please help us solve this.

Thanks

Faiz

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2019

Hi Faiz,

There seem to be some problem introduced yesterday by Atlassian Cloud changes, I've asked Atlassian for help to figure it out.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events