Three Level Cascading Select

Richard Winstock October 18, 2017

I have a three-level hierarchy within an Insight Scheme:

Level 1 (e.g. Hardware/Software)

-> Level 2 (e.g Type of Hardware, Desktop PC)

->-> Level 3 (e.g Type of Problem, Hard Drive)

These are linked in the Scheme with outbound references, so L3 has outbound references to it's parent (L2) and grandparent (L1)

This works fine within Insight, but I can't get it to work within a JIRA issue.

1. I created an "Insight Object (single select)" custom field which shows Level 1 objects.
  2. I created an "Insight Referenced Object (single select)" custom field which shows Level 2 objects, which "Parent Custom Field" for the Level 1 Custom Field
  3. I created a further "Insight Referenced Object (single select)" custom field which shows Level 3 objects, with the "Parent Custom Field" set to the Level 2 Custom Field - but it shows EVERYTHING for the matching Level 2 field irrespective of the correct Level 1 field

So my question (in simple terms!) is how can I make the Level 3 field filter on both the Level 2 AND Level 1 selections?

Thanks

Richard

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2017

Hi Richard,

According to https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-user-s-guide/placeholder this can be used in automation and creation /editing of objects, but not for custom fields. We will add support for this in the future, but it's currently not in our roadmap.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events