There is no "back to Test Cycle" from search page after clicking on a Test Cycle in Zephyr

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

Go to Tests > Plan Test Cycle and choose your project and Select Version. Click on one of the Test Cycle names. The Search page displays. There is no "back to Test Cycle" so users have to click the back button. Now the Select Version is lost and it defaults back to something other than what we had in there. It causes issues and errors because now we have to remember to make sure the Select Version is the correct one every time we go to this page. Sometimes clients have multiple cycles to go through. Sending them to the search page will happen when there are more than 10 test cases because then they don't have to hit the "next" but can see all test cases in that cycle.

Can the Select Version be carried and always stay on the last one that was chosen? Unless we switch to a new project of course.

2 answers

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Hi JS,

Thank you for passing this along. We will notify our product management team right away. They will look into it further from here.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
G3 June 4, 2014

JS...

This is not a direct resolution to your dilemma, but we have a similar process and use the 'Search Test Executions' feature directly along with 'Cycle Names' and fix versions (or affects versions) VS. routing through the Tests > Plan Test Cycle > Project path you choose.

You probably already know this... essentially your method produces an execution search with queries built from your navigation. I've become accustomed to just using JQL (and now ZQL) for various searches. Searching test executions is different from just searching for issues and requires ZQL (but imo, it would be clutch for that search to also allow JQL).

Anyway, here's how I prepare a test suite for client testers/UAT/etc...

• I go directly to the 'Search Test Executions' page and in the search command line enter:
  • project = "name of project" AND fixVersion = "verbatim version" AND cycleName in ("name of cycle")
  • That will produce the all of the executions of a test I want someone to go through.
  • This will also produce a unique URL specifically for that search.
  • So, let's say I have three seperate test cycles (with 5-15 test executions) for UAT review. I run that search three times, copy/paste the separate URLs in the communication to the UAT group, and point them to the URLs to accomplish their testing along with any other instructions.

That is one way I handle it (depending on the audience/recipients... others I've helped train to run their own searches).

Again... this would be more of a workaround to your feature dilemma/request.

- Regards -

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events