The time sheets are not displayed on the user page, how can I access them?

paul.simmonds August 21, 2012

I installed a trial version of the plug in a week ago. The installation appears successful as I have all the components enabled on the administration page. However, nothing appeared on the user pages (I have 4 tabs displayed - Dashboards, Projects, Gant Chart & Issues and nothing created for the time sheets under these tabs). Sould I reinstall the plugin? Cheers

10 answers

1 vote
Coding Machine September 13, 2012

All of that is not about OnDemand Confluence..

So still no answer for HOW TO embed Timesheet from JIRA to Confluence for OnDemand JIRA+Confluence hosting..

Any help is very appreciated.

1 vote
Coding Machine September 12, 2012

Hi Andriy,

Thank you for the prompt response. It seems I have found where to do that :) OnDemand UI is a bit different. So I have administration rights in our OnDemand JIRA+Confluence.

There are the steps to add the Timesheet gadget to OnDemand JIRA dashboard:

1. go to Administration
  2. click on Issues tab (there are 3 tabs - General, Issues and Wiki)
  3. then select User Interface from left menu item list (the Configure System Dashboard is opened)
  4. then click on Add Gadget button in the right top corner (Gadget Directory popup is appeared)
  5. then as you said - type 'timesheet' to filter the directory
  6. find Timesheet gadget and click on Add it Now button

Could you please let me know - whether its possible to embed timesheet gadget to Confluence page? I have a page in WIKI for daily reports, and I'd like to embed here the Timesheet gadget which will show my weekly timesheet.

Thank you in advance!

0 votes
Coding Machine September 17, 2012

HOW TO embed Timesheet from JIRA to Confluence for OnDemand

Read this thread for details.

0 votes
Coding Machine September 13, 2012

Well.. I tried to perform item 2 but had no success. Maybe there is again something a bit different in UI. WIll try it again today.

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2012

You need to apply instructions to timesheet gadget :) Specifically:

1) in JIRA Administration - System Dashboard - Add Gadget, lookup Timesheet Gadget you're interested in, right click link for the the gadget and copy link into clipbard.

2) In confluence administration register external gadget, as described on the page above.

3) In confluence page insert gadget as described also there.

0 votes

Can't find how to embed Timesheet report to Confluence page.

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2012

Oh, great and thank you for instructions for history :)

Yes it must be possible to add timesheet gadget to confluence also, pleasse see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+JIRA+Gadgets+to+a+Confluence+Page

However people have problems with it, see here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/86051/time-sheet-and-project-pivot-report-jira-gadget-displayed-in-confluence

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2012

Hi Dmitry,

I'm not sure if you can do it yourself in Jira on demand or you should contact administrator, but it is Administration - System Dashboard - Add Gadget - type 'timesheet' in search box and click Add to Dashboard for Timesheet and Pivot gadgets. Please see also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofocpgsf-AY

Thank you.

0 votes

Hi Andriy,

I can't figure out how to configure my OnDemand JIRA (your plugin included into its core - right?) to show TimeSheet on dashboard.

Could you please provide the step-by-step instrcutions?

Thanks you in advance!

Best wishes,
Dmitry

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2012

Hi Vivo,

You need to add gadgets to your dashboard manually, please see videwo for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofocpgsf-AY

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events