The time is being tracked in UTC time instead of Australian time

Navid Haghju January 15, 2015

Hi, 

We are evaluating the joggler add-on and noticed while it integrates well with Jira, the times are being tracked in UTC, which causes issues since we are in Australia and our time zone is UTC+10 (+11 during the daylight saving times)

The JIRA server time is correct and set to the local time zone (Sydney/Melbourne) and all tickets creation time stamps are the local time. 

Is there any way we could get around this issue?

Thank you in advance,

Navid

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user January 23, 2015

Hi Navid

Thanks for the screenshot. I was able to track this problem down and hopefully fixed it for good. Please update joggler to the latest version. New worklog entries should have the correct start time after the update.

Regards

Benno

P.S. Existing entries will not be corrected automatically, sorry.

Navid Haghju January 26, 2015

Hi Benno, Thanks for this. I just did a quick test and the plugin is working as expected. Regards, Navid

0 votes
Navid Haghju January 22, 2015

Hi Benno, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Hopefully the information below help:

1. We created a new JIRA ticket. Note the creation date (23/1/2015 9:29am) 
  2. Started the time tracking. Note the logged time (22/1/2015 10:29PM)
    Jira_ticket.png
  3. Here are the screenshots of the JIRA and toggle user profiles/settings
    Jira_profile.PNG

Toggl_profile.PNG 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Navid

0 votes
Deleted user January 22, 2015

Hi Navid

I'm sorry that this does not work for you. Time zone has been tested by Atlassian (Sidney Timezone). Can you provide some more insights please: Where in the UI is a wrong time shown? Can you maybe provide a screenshot? Also in the toggl user preference there is a time zone setting. Is the setting correct for you users?

Regards

Benno

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events