The "Last comment by user" field of JIRA Toolkit doesn't seem to appear in any of my screens

Even if I have added it to the screen, schemes and all. The "Where is my field" check tells me that the field should be visible but it is not. For a test I added the "Participants" field, exactly in the same way and this one does show up so I am a bit puzzled. In Atlassian's own JIRA you can see the field being displayed, have they done anything special there? I am running JIRA 5.2.10, btw.

The field is searchable though via JQL, and it apparently contains the right value, but it would be nice to be able to see it on screen too.

8 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

OK, will create an issue in JIRA

Have you tried re-indexing?

Any error in the logs?

No, I haven't seen any error in the logs and yes I've tried re-indexing and then even restarting JIRA. Is the field supposed to be visible at all in the screen?

What is the type of that custom field?

In the "Custom Fields" is shows listed as type "Last commented by a User Flag". The field is provided by JIRA Toolkit. The values are either "true" or "false".

It should be available on the "View" issue page as far as I see.

That what I thought too, but it indeed does not. I will try the same with JIRA 6, to see if I get any better results...

@Daniel Varela Santoallait must be "Username of last updater or commenter" field type.

this field has a lot of limitation.

1) he doesn't happear (only jql)

2) he is related to jira-developers group, and not the project role.

Hi Fabrizio, but the field does appear in Atlassians own JIRA, eg

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-8414

But perhaps I can see it because I am the reporter... Still no "jira-developers" only, because I am not a developer there.

i don't know then. try to open a customer support to atlassian

my second point was about the value of it. it became false only if the last commenter is a jira-developer not a "developer" role

btw i've the same problem. field doesn't show on screen

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

428 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you