The "Last comment by user" field of JIRA Toolkit doesn't seem to appear in any of my screens

Daniel Varela Santoalla May 22, 2013

Even if I have added it to the screen, schemes and all. The "Where is my field" check tells me that the field should be visible but it is not. For a test I added the "Participants" field, exactly in the same way and this one does show up so I am a bit puzzled. In Atlassian's own JIRA you can see the field being displayed, have they done anything special there? I am running JIRA 5.2.10, btw.

The field is searchable though via JQL, and it apparently contains the right value, but it would be nice to be able to see it on screen too.

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Varela Santoalla November 25, 2013

OK, will create an issue in JIRA

0 votes
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

btw i've the same problem. field doesn't show on screen

0 votes
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2013

i don't know then. try to open a customer support to atlassian

my second point was about the value of it. it became false only if the last commenter is a jira-developer not a "developer" role

0 votes
Daniel Varela Santoalla October 20, 2013

Hi Fabrizio, but the field does appear in Atlassians own JIRA, eg

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-8414

But perhaps I can see it because I am the reporter... Still no "jira-developers" only, because I am not a developer there.

0 votes
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2013

this field has a lot of limitation.

1) he doesn't happear (only jql)

2) he is related to jira-developers group, and not the project role.

0 votes

No, I haven't seen any error in the logs and yes I've tried re-indexing and then even restarting JIRA. Is the field supposed to be visible at all in the screen?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

What is the type of that custom field?

In the "Custom Fields" is shows listed as type "Last commented by a User Flag". The field is provided by JIRA Toolkit. The values are either "true" or "false".

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

It should be available on the "View" issue page as far as I see.

Daniel Varela Santoalla May 28, 2013

That what I thought too, but it indeed does not. I will try the same with JIRA 6, to see if I get any better results...

Иван Кузнецов May 16, 2018

@Daniel Varela Santoallait must be "Username of last updater or commenter" field type.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

Any error in the logs?

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

Have you tried re-indexing?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events