The latest SDK 3.11 says it supports on JIRA 5.0, does it mean i cannot write plugins for 5.0.X or 5.1 ?

Sridhar Nimmagadda July 14, 2012

I have written a plugin using SDK 3.11 which supports JIRA 5.0 and when i deploy in JIRA 5.0.6 i get the below error

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.misys.alm.jira.migration.JIRAMIGRATION [87]: Unable to resolve 87.0: missing requirement [87.0] package; (&(package=com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api)(version>=5.0.0)(version<=5.0.0))

does it mean i cannot write plugin for version >5.0.0

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2012

No, the plugin kit supports Jira 4 through to 5.latest. Your code needs to be updated to deal with the newer API

Sridhar Nimmagadda July 14, 2012

Thanks Nic,

I get the below exception

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.misys.alm.jira.migration.JIRAMIGRATION [87]: Unable to resolve 87.0: missing requirement [87.0] package; (&(package=com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api)(version>=5.0.0)(version<=5.0.0))

looks like there is a version mismatch, also in the pom.xml should i change the below element in pom.xml ($jira.version)to anything else..how do i change the jira version so that i deploy on 5.latest version ? also attaching pom.xml (pom.txt)

<dependency>

<groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>

<artifactId>jira-api</artifactId>

<version>${jira.version}</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>

<artifactId>jira-core</artifactId>

<version>${jira.version}</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2012

The pom.xml should contain the Jira version you are aiming to run the plugin on, as a property. If you've used the sdk to generate it, it's probably near the bottom (And is obviously called jira.version)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events