The add-on SumUp makes slow performance

Christen Lorensen November 28, 2013

When making big searches the sumUp add-on makes Jira very slow. We can see it takes no time to get 10.000 issues but the sum function takes a very long time. They should have a check box to remove the sum, so you can add it when you need it for small lists.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Hi Christian,
unfortunately the performance problem is known very well and we currently trying to fix it. The issue is tracked at https://cp-systems.atlassian.net/browse/SUM-1. Here you can find a new beta release. It is beta, cause the solution does not work for all databases. Maybe you'll give it a try...

0 votes
JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hey Christen,

I am very sorry to hear that! You are the first person, reporting performance problems with the newest version. We are very interested to fix this issue completly!
Sometimes it helps to clear the browser chache. Another try would be to deinstall the add-on completly and load it again from the marketplace, than updating it.
If this don't work, maybe you can provide us a little bit more information? Your jira version and your database type and version would be nice. If you call "{path to your jira}/rest/sumup/1.0/enabledebug?status=true" debugging mode will be enabled for our add-on. It would be great to see the log of one calculation cycle with enabled debugging. You can post it here or send it to my e-mail "j.riedinger[at]decadis.de"

Cheers

Julian

0 votes
Christen Lorensen May 20, 2014

I updated to the latest version and it is working worse than ever. I have problems even disabling it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events