The Scheduler Reinstall & Scheduled Tasks Export/Backup?

Background:

Our Scheduler plugin has been riddled with disasterous bugs ever since upgrading from 3.0 and running into issues with our license (Atlassian support had to step in).

First, the "Reporter" field in my newly created tickets was being pulled from the "Created By" field of scheduled task (rather than "Reporter" as one might expect). This was very very annoying so I disabled all notifications for Reporters through our entire system and changed company policies.

That problem seemed to resolve itself mysteriously. Then, some of our scheduled tasks started not firing at all, so I had to resave them to make them work. That seems to have solved that problem.

Today I noticed my scheduled tasks have been using "Created By" field as the ticket's "Assignee" which is worse than it was before because rather than just notifications, now others cannot do their work. In addition, the "Reporter" field is now being generated as "Anonymous".

I can't take much more of this. I love the potential of this plugin, but come on! Rather than trying to find another solution (e.g. importing spreadsheet data) or reverting to JIRA 5.X (a more stable version of The Scheduler) I'm hoping reinstalling The Scheduler may fix this whole series of problems.

The questions are:

1. Will uninstalling The Scheduler retain my "Scheduled Tasks" data? In other words, when I reinstall, will it basically be as if nothing has changed?

2. Even if the answer is "yes" I'm thinking I should create a backup anyway since I've already run into so many issues and wouldn't be surprised if this didn't work as expected. The previous version (pre-3.0) had an export to XML feature. I don't see that option anymore. Is there some way to export Scheduled Tasks?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello,

I am sorry you had to dive into so many problems with TheScheduler 3.0.

We absolutely will do our best to resolve this issues.

Regarding your quetsions:

1) Uninstalling will retain your TheScheduler data so it is safe. Our plugin is storing its data in JIRA Database starting from 3.0 version.

2) Unfortunatelly version 3.0 doesn't have backup/restore functionality but we are planning to add this feature. We decided to remove this feature bacause exporting backup from Jira autoatically also export TheScheduler 3.0 data as our plugin is storing its data in Jira database.

Kind Regards,

Lucas Kreczmer

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

86 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you