TempoPlugin, Customers and Invoicing

George Irwin January 8, 2013

I hope I haven't missed this in the features/support documents, but is there any way to generate invoices (based on the existing Accounts/Customers setup) directly from Tempo?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Hi George

That is not possible in Tempo. You can export Account reports as pdf that you can use with an invoice
http://wiki.tempoplugin.com/display/TEMPO/Tempo+Account+PDF+Export

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

George Irwin January 9, 2013

Thanks Sverrir. Given that PDF export of Account Reports is already possible, perhaps inserting that data into a generic Invoice template wouldn't be too hard? Perhaps this could be a feature request?

Elvis Kvalbergs June 15, 2017

But this way does not support loading hourly rates from Tempo price tables or does it?

2 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

you can generate custom timesheets (and invoices) from worklog data using the PDF View Plugin. there is already a default PDF template shipped with the plugin, which can be used as a great starting point.

that template exports the data stored in the standard built-in JIRA worklogs. I'm not familiar with Tempo, if it uses some other ways to persist its own worklog data, then the PDF template needs to be adapted. (you basically need to write a Groovy script to access the Tempo data, then use that script in the PDF template. see this tutorial.)

here is an example PDF, generated from the default timesheet/invoice template:

George Irwin January 13, 2013

Looks good, but unfortunately I'm using JIRA OnDemand which can't yet use plugins....

Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2014

Just a comment: one of the JIRA PDF View Plugin users is connecting to Tempo by sending HTTP requests to Tempo's servlet API and by processing the resulted XML. This can be done by some short Groovy scripts.

See:

0 votes
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2019

@George Irwin4 we have recently launched the Clerk — Invoicing and Billing for Jira app that can generate invoices based on the worked time from Jira (and Tempo as well). Plus it has nice analytics that help to control your cashflow.

Feel free to ask any questions. Any feedback is very appreciated! 🙏

ogimage.png

Elisabeth Gie May 20, 2020

@Anton Skorniakov is there perhaps a version of Clerk for server edition?

Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 21, 2020

@Elisabeth Gie now we have Cloud only. Unfortunately, we don't plan Server in the nearest future.

Maurizio Di Mauro September 14, 2020

Hello @George Irwin4 , I installed the Clerk Invoices add-on and I integrated Tempo Add-on. But creating invoices, the filter by Tempo Account name don't work. The import don't load the logged times created on tempo for the specific account.

Could you help?

Best 

Maurizio

Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
March 8, 2021

Looks like we have already resolved the Tempo configuration issue in Maurizio's Jira instance and now filter by tempo accounts works perfectly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events