TempoPlugin, Customers and Invoicing

I hope I haven't missed this in the features/support documents, but is there any way to generate invoices (based on the existing Accounts/Customers setup) directly from Tempo?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi George

That is not possible in Tempo. You can export Account reports as pdf that you can use with an invoice
http://wiki.tempoplugin.com/display/TEMPO/Tempo+Account+PDF+Export

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Thanks Sverrir. Given that PDF export of Account Reports is already possible, perhaps inserting that data into a generic Invoice template wouldn't be too hard? Perhaps this could be a feature request?

But this way does not support loading hourly rates from Tempo price tables or does it?

This widget could not be displayed.

you can generate custom timesheets (and invoices) from worklog data using the PDF View Plugin. there is already a default PDF template shipped with the plugin, which can be used as a great starting point.

that template exports the data stored in the standard built-in JIRA worklogs. I'm not familiar with Tempo, if it uses some other ways to persist its own worklog data, then the PDF template needs to be adapted. (you basically need to write a Groovy script to access the Tempo data, then use that script in the PDF template. see this tutorial.)

here is an example PDF, generated from the default timesheet/invoice template:

Looks good, but unfortunately I'm using JIRA OnDemand which can't yet use plugins....

Just a comment: one of the JIRA PDF View Plugin users is connecting to Tempo by sending HTTP requests to Tempo's servlet API and by processing the resulted XML. This can be done by some short Groovy scripts.

See:

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

486 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you