Tempo timesheet report listed by component

Can somebody please help me create a timesheet report that is listed by user and component.

The default report is very close to what I want but when a ticket is updated with a "fix version" this seems to stop the component part of the ticket from being accessible. The screen below shows some time assigned against component (Mobile Finisher, Dynamics, etc..) but this gets overridden by the fix version.

The 63 hours (58.2 + 5) which have been assigned to fix version are also assigned to components but I cannot seem to get the report to show me the contents.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Ross,

so far, this is the normal behavior. In case a fix verson is given it is used in the report. We are making changes to the reports and this is one of the things we are taking a look at.

There is no easy way to achieve a report that shows components even if a fix version is assigned. You can use the Tempo servlet to create an Excel export and then pivot this table to show the information you need. Please take a look at http://blog.tempoplugin.com/2012/creating-excel-reports-using-high-level-permissions-api-export/for more information on how this is done.

Best regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Many thanks, I will take a look at the api which looks like it will do the trick. I did raise this as an issue in your JIRA which you may want to link together

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-290

If you are going to look at this issue ignoring the fix verison and using only the component that would clear up the discrepancy that happens when you drill into the report.

If you click on one of the components (Service = 5 Hrs in my screen shot) the detail of the drill down report does not match the parent as this level shows all the items in the component that have been rolled up into the fix version.

Thanks again for your help. I couldn't get your link working but did manage to find a cached version.

This widget could not be displayed.

Many thanks, I will take a look at the api which looks like it will do the trick. I did raise this as an issue in your JIRA which you may want to link together

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-290

If you are going to look at this issue ignoring the fix verison and using only the component that would clear up the discrepancy that happens when you drill into the report.

If you click on one of the components (Service = 5 Hrs in my screen shot) the detail of the drill down report does not match the parent as this level shows all the items in the component that have been rolled up into the fix version.

Thanks again for your help. I couldn't get your link working but did manage to find a cached version.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

534 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you