Tempo integration for tracking time of execution and other suggestions

Mihanich Yavin June 20, 2013

Hi!

First of all: thank you guys for such great plugin!

Our company want to buy plugin but during evaluation we are faced with some troubles and want to suggest some things.

1. Fields of test step (test step, expected result, test data) do not support JIRA mark-up.

2. On test circle page we can not configure quantity of listed test cases (we have circles with 100 test cases in list and it is little bit boring to switch pages)

3. Widgets for test cycles for closed versions could not be used for dashboards in Jira.

4. Column configuration in Test Circle page can not be done (we have custom fields which we need to see)

5. Defects linking from external JIRA from test execution page (we have several JIRA's which connected by JIRA linker plugin). for now linked issue from external JIRA do not displayed in test circles.

6. Export test step execution (during export of test circle only name exported)

7. Batch test case execution (already mentioned in other questions)

8. Attach files not only to test in execution, but to test in general.

9. Check whether test cycle fit into specified schedule when you set it/update it/during the time. When you set the schedule you know exactly if specified tests fit into release schedule and identify/mitigate the risks of adding more tests that the release schedule can contain.

10. It would be great if we also have ability to assign TC from circle to any person for execute. (or at least whole test circle)

11.Adding to test circles not only tests (e.g. Add to Ad-hoc list of bugs)

And finally: integration with Tempo plugin.

For better time-tracking implement ability to report time of execution using Tempo (for test and step separately) as a result we can take execution time and improve and optimize processes.

If there are any possibility to do at least several of this improvements?

Thank You,

Yavin Michael, QA Engineer in AstoundCommerce.

3 answers

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

1. Fields of test step (test step, expected result, test data) do not support JIRA mark-up.

a. Feature request.

2. On test circle page we cannot configure quantity of listed test cases (we have circles with 100 test cases in list and it is little bit boring to switch pages)

a. Feature Request.

3. Widgets for test cycles for closed versions could not be used for dashboards in Jira.

a. This was done as other customers prefer not to list archived versions. I will add a feature request to be able to choose what to display

4. Column configuration in Test Cycle page cannot be done (we have custom fields which we need to see)

a. Feature Request

5. Defects linking from external JIRA from test execution page (we have several JIRA's which connected by JIRA linker plugin). for now linked issue from external JIRA do not displayed in test circles.

a. Feature Request

6. Export test step execution (during export of test circle only name exported)

a. Feature Request

7. Batch test case execution (already mentioned in other questions)

a. Feature Request

a. Doesn’t this already exist with the current implementation? When I click on “More Actions” I have options like “Attach Files” and “Attach Screenshot.”

9. Check whether test cycle fit into specified schedule when you set it/update it/during the time. When you set the schedule you know exactly if specified tests fit into release schedule and identify/mitigate the risks of adding more tests that the release schedule can contain.

a. Please help me out in understanding how this could be implemented. For example, where is the specified schedule you are talking about? How would our cycle date range check against it? Also, how would you determine load of cycle? What check would be performed when you add a testcase to determine if it fit? Is there a work amount value associated with the testcase where we check against time available? This one sounds more complex to implement than others.

10. It would be great if we also have ability to assign TC from circle to any person for execute. (or at least whole test circle)

a. Feature Request.

11. Adding to test circles not only tests (e.g. Add to Ad-hoc list of bugs)

a. I understand your request of adding bugs to a cycle, but I don’t understand why you would want to. Please explain your use case so I can understand why you want to do this.

12. Integration with Tempo plugin. For better time-tracking implement ability to report time of execution using Tempo (for test and step separately) as a result we can take execution time and improve and optimize processes.

a. I understand your request but this one would require that two separate companies, Zephyr and Tempo, get together and implement the solution. As well, it would require we maintain the integration moving forward. Currently Tempo AddOn works in JIRA and also the Zephyr for JIRA AddOn works in JIRA. This is the model Atlassian has presented to us. This one has much less of a chance of being implemented than the other feature requests in this list.

Mihanich Yavin August 11, 2013

a. Doesn’t this already exist with the current implementation? When I click on “More Actions” I have options like “Attach Files” and “Attach Screenshot.”

For now we have JIRA 5.1.7 and Zephyr for JIRA<small> 1.7. As I see you talk about latest Zyphyr for JIRA version which we do not have. If it is already implemented - question resolved. Thank you.
</small>

a. Please help me out in understanding how this could be implemented. For example, where is the specified schedule you are talking about? How would our cycle date range check against it? Also, how would you determine load of cycle? What check would be performed when you add a testcase to determine if it fit? Is there a work amount value associated with the testcase where we check against time available? This one sounds more complex to implement than others.

as I saw in JIRA we have com.atlassian.jira.ext.calendar (seems that it is default calendar in JIRA where versions releases handled). Also we have start date and end date for Circles. If you can connect these two - it would be exactly what we need. If so - we work with test circles entity not with test cases.

11. Adding to test circles not only tests (e.g. Add to Ad-hoc list of bugs)

a. I understand your request of adding bugs to a cycle, but I don’t understand why you would want to. Please explain your use case so I can understand why you want to do this.

For example: we have several bugs which do not linked to any test cases. As team lead I want to create circle with tickets to be tested. Several test cases, open issues and bugs for each engineer. In this way we can give each engineer specified part of work (e.g. Testing of exactly part window) and cover regression, functional, UI and issues retesting in one step.

12. Integration with Tempo plugin. For better time-tracking implement ability to report time of execution using Tempo (for test and step separately) as a result we can take execution time and improve and optimize processes.

a. I understand your request but this one would require that two separate companies, Zephyr and Tempo, get together and implement the solution. As well, it would require we maintain the integration moving forward. Currently Tempo AddOn works in JIRA and also the Zephyr for JIRA AddOn works in JIRA. This is the model Atlassian has presented to us. This one has much less of a chance of being implemented than the other feature requests in this list.

Understood. If any update or comments from your side - please let me know.

Thank You,

Yavin Michael, QA Engineer in AstoundCommerce.

0 votes
Ronan Barzic August 7, 2013

+1 it's realy necessary

0 votes
ErikB June 20, 2013

+1. Lots of great suggestions here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events