Tempo accounts/reports by issue type

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2013

Hello,

a customer currently has a problem which could not be comfortable solved by tempo timesheets, but maybe some has a different point of view to help me out.

Situation is:

• Projects only have 2 issue types: Bug and Service
  • For each customer there are two tempo accounts refering to these issue types (as they are billed differently)

Problem is:

• There is the possibility to choose the wrong tempo account for an issue
  • The entered information about account is redundant, as it is already identified by the issue type

Possible solutions I can think of:

• Assign an account in tempo to an issue type and not to a project
  • Preselect an account depending on issue type
  • Include issue type in timesheet export and sort it out there

I am quite surprised to see that the issue type is not included in the report, as this would seem to be the easiest solution (filtering the report would even be better).

But maybe there is a fourth solution which I cannot see at the moment...

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Thomas

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tempo Support - Do not use
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2013

Hi Thomas,

the issue type is included in the Excel and the XML export. If you have Tempo account as a Jira custom field you only need to choose the Account once, when you create the issue. In case this is done wrong to start with (only the accounts connected to the Issue are available) you can edit the choice within the issue. This account information can be included in the export.

Please take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO077/Configuring+Fields+and+Properties for more information.

Hope this helps

Susanne (Tempo)

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2013

You could also create a post function or use issue bulk changes to keep the type and account in sync.

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2013

Thanks, I totally didnt see the issue type in the export as it was hidden somewhere in the middle.

About the other things we can talk on thursday - if you are in Wiesbaden...

0 votes
Tate Forgey August 6, 2018

BUMP

I'm was disappointed to see that issue type wasn't one of the first grouping options available. This is really how we want to report up our hours.  Isn't issue type one the primary ways you would want to roll up hours by employee?  I don't want to have to turn them into accounts just for the reporting, but I did also think of that as did the original poster here.

In the documentation there is some strange language about grouping in reports, " Items are organized according to Jira hierarchy."  Can we change that hierarchy?  Where is that defined?  What is the current recommendation for this?

Lennart Daldrup August 29, 2018

Bump from me too, this would be a great filter to have.

FredrikLiljemark September 5, 2018

Bump from us to. 

Delton Phillips November 15, 2018

Bump bump bump

Nick Sturrock January 9, 2020

Bump

Yudi J September 16, 2020

Very annoying to not have issue type in UI, I know I can get export but it would be so nice to just get straight out of JIRA

Ye Fung Tchen January 14, 2021

Bump - 2021 and still no progress on that? 

0 votes
gcarignano March 9, 2015

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks.-

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2013

Hi Thomas,

We are aware of this limitation and and working on solutions to it. Thanks for the feedback.

Viðar, Tempo

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2013

If you mean assigning an account to an issue type: that would be great!

Chris Headford June 20, 2018

it would be great to be able to associate a account to a project / issues type.

I.e 

I have a support and maintenance service desk project, Change requests and service request are associated with the maintenance element of the contract and incidents with the support element, I would like to automatically set the tempo account to each issues type.  

Bram V June 4, 2020

Bump! Still nothing after 7 years?

Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2020

Hi Bram,

we are getting there. Please look into the feature request.

BR

Bram V September 22, 2020

Hi @Alexander Eck [Tempo] ,

The feature we are looking for is to group by a linked issue type, not just any issue type. For example, there is currently a group by Epic option, but we have a different issue type used for linking issue types to a billing item. And we want to basically group by "Billing IssueType" which is set up similar than Epics. So all of the issues should have a Billing issuetype linked and we want to group all issues (and work on those issues) on that linked issuetype.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events