Tempo Scheduler and managing worklogs

Ilana Richmond June 27, 2013

Hi. If I use Tempo Scheduler to close weekly timesheets for team members, can an Account Manager still edit/move worklogs as needed? We need a way to freeze/close timesheet submission for team members, but our Account Managers (NOT Team Leaders) still need to go in and edit worklog descriptions, move/split worklogs, etc. before we Approve Accounts and Close the Period. Please advise as soon as possible as we desperately need this to work. Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

Hi Ilana

As mentioned in notes on the page i.e. in the Timesheet Approval Status = Approved it is possible to edit attribute after the release of Tempo 7.7 later this summer.

Unfortunately it is not possible in current version as it is according to the Worklogs column not Attributes column.

Sverrir

Ilana Richmond July 7, 2013

Hi Sverrir. We will not have the Timesheet Approval Status = Approved in the use case I mentioned, so unfortunately that doesn't help answer my question. I guess we will just try using Scheduler and see if we can still achieve the functionality we need with Account Approvals. I will post the results here so I can close out this thread. Thanks

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2013

Hi Ilana

Please see the following page for all information on editing worklogs in Tempo. The worklogs are editable in Tempo 7.6.x according to the Worklogs column on the page.

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/JTS/Edit+Worklogs+in+Tempo+Timesheet

Hope this helps

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Ilana Richmond June 30, 2013

Thank you, Sverrir. I reviewed the page but I didn't see it address the use case we have: for Account Managers to edit worklogs and attributes after the Scheduler date range has closed... Unless: Is an Account Manager by default a Team Leader? We do not have our Account Managers listed as Team Leaders in the Manage Teams admin section; just in the Account Manager. Maybe this is the source of my confusion: I thought Account Manager and Team Leader are different roles. Can you clarify?

As we currently have it set up, the Account Manager has been able to edit worklogs and attributes for any user on their account when we are not using Scheduler. We would like them to have the same functionality but to prevent Team Members from editing their own worklogs/attributes after we close the date range. Is this possible? Thank you again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events