Tempo Project timesheet, how to get it issue-oriented?

Terje Jönsson June 2, 2015

Hi!

Newbie as I am, I did read the manuals but I can't figure this one out.

I need to see the Project Timesheet with the following tweaks:

* issue-oriented rather than people-oriented, i.e. the issues as the first level, and the people with planned/worked hours for the respective issue as the second level

* for a longer timespan than one month at the time

This would allow me to use the timesheet for long-term planning with my boss and my customers. Any tips or hints are appreciated!

Regards,

Terje

3 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

Hi,

Tempo Timesheets main function is to keep track of work logged. To create plans for Projects for a longer time, we do recommend that you take a look at Tempo Planner (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.tempoplugin.tempo-planner)

0 votes
Terje Jönsson June 11, 2015

Hi Susanne,

The export to Excel is way to complicated, and does not provide really what I'm looking for.

All respect to agile methods, but I also have the need to plan certain issues and releases several months beforehand. We install control systems in critical facilities, and our customers won't let us do that unless we schedule our on-site activities carefully.

A 60 days time span is better than nothing, but still less than my average project duration. What I was looking for is the Project timesheet view, showing the planned times for the entire project. This is extremely useful when I need to communicate the project plan/status before, during, and after the project execution. To enable this kind of presentation, you could simplify the view by removing the "worked hours" number for each individual day. I would however still like to be able to plan time in this longer time span.

If you have no solution at the moment, would there be a point to file this as a feature request? I'm asking because I won't have the time to wait and see for years. I need this kind of solution in place this autumn, and if my request is outside your line of fire, I will have to look elsewhere.

Regards,

Terje

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2015

Hi Terje,

all Tempo Timesheets are user based. To view the hours planned and worked on issues, you can use the Issue Timesheet or create a report and pivot it to show the worklogs by Issue. The Timesheet view is limited to max. 60 days. A report will also make it possible for you to view a custom timeframe.

To create this report, you can use the Tempo servlet in connection with Excel. Please take a look at http://blog.tempoplugin.com/2012/creating-excel-reports-using-high-level-permissions-api-export/  for more information.

Regards,

Susanne

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events